1. The Hansraj college came into existence in 1948, has one of the well established, automated, Air-conditioned and largest library in terms of space, collection among north campus colleges of University Of Delhi. The College library located at the centre of the campus, using RFID technology with Integrated Multiuser Library Management Software i.e. KOHA has Wi-Fi connectivity and is under surveillance of CCTV Cameras.
2. The college library adopted the RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology in year 2016 for the purpose of Library housekeeping operation, efficient security system, well tracking of materials throughout the library, faster circulation of books, inventorying, material handling and automated book drop, self kiosk being used and in practice.
3. RFID technology consists of KIOSK, staff workstation, RFID reader, security gate, Book drop box, RFID tags, RFID enabled member ID card etc. and also alerts users through e-mail and SMS.
4. The college library has more than 1,37,000 books, around 9,200 book bank collections, 23 newspapers and 98 journals and magazines. It also occupied reference materials and Student Aided Fund collection. The library has an excellent collection of text, general and reference books to support academic requirements of students & faculty members.
5. The collection covers broadly science discipline i.e. Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Anthropology, Life science etc. It also covers the arts and commerce discipline.
6. Apart from in-house collection, the library has full access to thousands of journals online through DULS.
Monday to Friday8.30 AM to 5.00 PM
Saturday8.00 AM to 8.00 PM
During Examination8.00 AM to 8.00 PM(Library will remain closed on all Sundays and Gazetted Holidays)
Monday To Friday8.30 AM To 4.30 PM
The loss of library card should be immediately reported in the Library and fill prescribed forms available at the library and college website.
The students must be reported in writing to the librarian in case library books have been lost. The members must replace the lost books in the library as soon as possible and in case of loss of a book which is out of print or not available in the market be reported to the Librarian.