Practices followed by the College for Internal Assessment (IA):
- Students are informed about the break-up of marks for IA at the commencement of their respective courses. As per the guidelines framed by the University, IA comprises of a total of 25 percent of the overall grade.
- As per the University guidelines marks awarded for IA are shared with students for transparency.
- Students unable to appear for IA, are given an opportunity to appear for a retest at a date and time mutually agreed upon by the concerned teacher and students.
- Before the marks awarded as part of IA are submitted to the University, they are shared with the students for any doubts/clarifications/rectifications.
The College adheres to the Moderation Committee as per the Ordinance VIII E: Internal Assessment. Members of the Department Moderation Committee include:
- Previous Teacher-in-Charge
- Current Teacher-in-Charge and
- Upcoming Teacher-in-Charge
The Committee ensures the verification of IA and moderation of IA marks.
The College has a College level Moderation Committee comprising of senior teachers from different departments. Currently, it comprises of four members from both Arts and Science departments.