Role of IQAC
The UGC(University Grants Commission) proposes that every institution should have an Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC) for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation & quality improvement. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC of Hansraj has become a part of an integral part and is working towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions & also channelizing the efforts towards academic excellence. The success of IQAC depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation. IQAC is a statutory, facilitative and participative system/unit/organ of the institution. IQAC in Hansraj is acting as a vehicle for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
Objectives of IQAC
The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Functions of IQAC are as follows
- To design feedback system considering college output to adjust its performance to meet the desired output response
- To recommend enhancing research facilities & other infrastructure
- To recommend strategies adopted for teaching learning process
- To conduct the internal audits, to work out the mechanism for timely, efficient and periodic progressive performance of Academic & Administrative activities on regular basis
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning
- To act as a change agent in the institution
- To improve internal communication.