Assistant Professor | Department of Botany
Contact (Off.): 27667458
Email Address : artimishrahrc[at]gmail[dot]com
Phycology, Enviromental Microbiology, Plant-Microbe interaction
- PhD (Botany) , 2016 , APS University, Rewa
- MS (Biology) , 2006 , Linköping University, Sweden
- MSc (Botany) , 2003 , VBS Purvanchal University, Jaunpur
- BSc (Botany, Zoology, Chemistry) , 2001 , VBS Purvanchal University, Jaunpur
- Assistant Professor, Department of Botany, Hansraj College, University of Delhi, (Oct 2022 – Continuing till Date).
- Assistant Professor, Amity Institute of Microbial Technology, Amity University, Noida ( Jan 2020- Oct 2022)
- Dr. DS Kothari Postdoctoral Fellow (UGC), School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (Jan 2017-Jan 2020)
- Research Assistant, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany (Mar 2007-Jun 2009)
PhD thesis title: Morphological and physiological characterization of useful blue-green algae
MS (Biology) thesis title: Screening for putative chloroplast transporters in Arabidopsis thaliana by bioinformatics and molecular biology approaches
Title: Climate Change and the Microbiome: Sustenance of the Ecosphere (2021)
Editors: Dr. D. K. Choudhary, Dr. Arti Mishra, Prof. Ajit Varma
- Thuswaldner S, Lagerstedt JO, Rojas-Stütz M, Bouhidel K, Der C, Leborgne- Castel N, Mishra A, Marty F, Schoefs B, Adamska I, Persson BL, Spetea C. Identification, expression, and functional analyses of a thylakoid ATP/ADP carrier from Arabidopsis. Journal of Biological Chemistry (2007).282:8848-59. (Impact Factor: 5.48)
- Pavón LR, Lundh F, Lundin B, Mishra A, Persson BL, Spetea C. Arabidopsis ANTR1 is a thylakoid Na+-dependent phosphate transporter: functional characterization in Escherichia coli. Journal of Biological Chemistry (2008). 283:13520-7. (Impact Factor: 5.48)
- Glanz S, Jacobs J, Kock V, Mishra A, Kück U. Raa4 is a trans-splicing factor that specifically binds chloroplast tscA intron RNA. Plant Journal (2012). 69: 421-431. (Impact Factor: 7.09)
- Mishra A*, Tandon R, Kesarwani S, Singh R, Tiwari G L. Emerging applications of cyanobacterial ultraviolet protecting compound scytonemin. Journal of Applied Phycology (2014). 27: 1045-1051. (Impact Factor: 3.2)
- Mishra A*, Singh R, Tandon R, Kesarwani S, Tiwari GL. Pigment and protein analysis of certain representatives of cyanobacteria. National Journal of Life Science (2014) 11: 11-13
- Tandon R, Kesarwani S, Mishra A, Dixit A, Tiwari GL. Genus Microsystiskuetzing ex Lemmermann (Chroococcales, Cyanoprokaryota) from India. Phykos (2016). 46: (2) 4-13.
- Mishra A, Jha Gopaljee, Thakur I S. Draft Genome Sequence of Zhihengliuella sp. Strain ISTPL4, a Psychrotolerant and Halotolerant Bacterium Isolated from Pangong Lake, India. Genome Announcements, 2018, 6(5): e01533-17. (Impact Factor: 0.877)
- Mishra A, Medhi K, Maheshwari N, Shrivastva S, Thakur, I S. Biofuel production and phycoremediation by Chlorella sp. ISTLA1 isolated from landfill site. Bioresource Technology, 2018, 253, 121-129. (Impact Factor: 11.88)
- Kumar M, Mishra A, Singh S. S, Srivastava S, Thakur I S. Expression and characterization of novel laccase gene from Pandoraea sp. ISTKB and its application. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2018, 115,308-316. (Impact Factor: 8.02)
- Medhi K, Mishra A, Thakur, I S. Genome Sequence of a Heterotrophic Nitrifier and Aerobic Denitrifier, Paracoccus denitrificans Strain ISTOD1, Isolated from Wastewater. Genome Announcements, 2018, 6, no. 15 (2018): e00210-18. (Impact Factor: 0.877)
- Mishra A*, Rathour R, Singh R, Kumari T, Thakur I S. Degradation and detoxification of phenanthrene by actinobacterium Zhihengliuella sp. ISTPL4. Environmental Science Pollution Research, 2019. (Impact Factor: 5.19)
- Mishra, A., Medhi, K., Malaviya, P. and Thakur, I.S., 2019. Omics approaches for microalgal applications: Prospects and challenges. Bioresource Technology, p.121890. (Impact Factor: 11.88)
- Rathour, R., Gupta, J., Mishra, A., Rajeev, A.C., Dupont, C.L. and Thakur, I.S., 2020. A comparative metagenomic study reveals microbial diversity and their role in the biogeochemical cycling of Pangong lake. Science of The Total Environment, p.139074. (Impact Factor: 10.75)
- Mishra, A., Gupta, B., Kumar, N., Singh, R., Varma, A. and Thakur, I.S., 2020. Synthesis of calcite-based bio-composite biochar for enhanced biosorption and detoxification of chromium Cr (VI) by Zhihengliuella sp. ISTPL4. Bioresource Technology, p.123262. (Impact Factor: 11.88)
- Sharma, S., Mishra, A., Shukla, K., Shukla, S., 2020. Food Contamination: It’s stages and associated illness. International Journal of pharmaceutical, chemical and biological science. Volume 10, Issue 4. October – December, 2020.
- Shukla S., Sharma M., Yadav S., Raghupathy A., Shukla K., Varma A, Mishra A. * 2021 Synthesis and applications of nanoparticles: State of the Art and Future Perspective. Nanoscience & Nanotechnology-Asia Doi: 10.2174/2210681211666210224154613
- Bisht, A., Chatterjee, R., Dimri, A.G., Singh, D., Mishra, A., Chauhan, A. and Jindal, T., Risk assessment of opportunistic bacterial pathogens in household drinking water. Science Archives (2020) Vol. 1 (1), 42-49
- Gupta B., Mishra, A., Singh, R., Varma, A., Thakur, I.S. 2020. Fabrication of calcite based biocomposites for catalytic removal of heavy metals from electroplating industrial effluent. Environmental Technology & Innovation Volume 21, February 2021, 101278. (Impact Factor: 7.75)
- Mishra A., Gupta J., Kumari T., Pal R., Thakur I. S., 2021. Unravelling the attributes of novel cyanobacteria Jacksonvillea sp. ISTCYN1 by draft genome sequencing, Bioresource Technology, Volume 337, 125473, doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2021.125473. (Impact Factor: 11.88)
- Gupta, J., Kumari, M., Mishra, A., Akram, M. and Thakur, I.S., 2022. Agro-forestry waste management-A review. Chemosphere, 287, p.132321. (Impact Factor: 8.94)
- Sharma, R., Mishra, A., Pant, D. and Malaviya, P., 2021. Recent advances in microalgae-based remediation of industrial and non-industrial wastewaters with simultaneous recovery of value-added products. Bioresource Technology, p.126129. (Impact Factor: 11.88)
- Mishra A.*, Takkar S., Joshi N. C., Shukla S., Shukla K., Singh A., Manikonda, A., Varma A., An integrative approach to study bacterial enzymatic degradation of toxic dyes. Frontiers in Microbiology , 12, pp.802544-802544. (Impact Factor: 6.0)
- Takkar, S., Tyagi, B., Kumar, N., Kumari, T., Iqbal, K., Varma, A., Thakur, I.S. and Mishra, A.*, 2022. Biodegradation of methyl red dye by a novel actinobacterium Zhihengliuella sp. ISTPL4: Kinetic studies, isotherm and biodegradation pathway. Environmental Technology & Innovation, (Impact Factor: 7.75), 26, p.102348.
- Gupta, J., Rathour, R., Dupont, C., Mishra, A. and Thakur, I.S., 2022.Biogeochemical profiling and taxonomic characterization of municipal landfill site by metagenomic sequencing. (2022) Bioresource Technology, 351, 126936, 0960-8524. (Impact Factor: 11.88)
- Tyagi, J., Chaudhary, P., Mishra, A., Khatwani, M., Dey, S. and Varma, A., 2022. Role of Endophytes in Abiotic Stress Tolerance: With Special Emphasis on Serendipita indica. International Journal of Environmental Research, 16(4), pp.1-21. (Impact Factor: 3.229)
- Mishra, A., Kumari, M., Kumar, R., Iqbal, K. and Thakur, I.S., 2022. Persistent organic pollutants in the environment: Risk assessment, hazards, and mitigation strategies. Bioresource Technology Reports, p.101143.
- Agarwal, H., Kashyap, V.H., Mishra, A., Bordoloi, S., Singh, P.K. and Joshi, N.C., 2022. Biochar-based fertilizers and their applications in plant growth promotion and protection. 3 Biotech, 12(6), pp.1-19. (Impact Factor: 2.8)
- Shoarnaghavi, M.A., Mishra, A., Amirifar, A., Mahapatra, S.S., Nobaharan, K., Hemati, A., Asgari Lajayer, B. and Astatkie, T., 2022. Soil algae enzymes and their biotechnological applications. Systems Microbiology and Biomanufacturing, pp.1-18.
- Iqbal K., Saxena A., Pande P., Tiwari A., Joshi N. C., Varma A, Mishra A.* 2022. Microalgae-bacterial granular consortium: striding towards sustainable production of biohydrogen coupled with wastewater treatment. (2022) Bioresource Technology, 127203. (Impact Factor: 11.88)
- Mishra, A., Singh, A.P., Takkar, S., Sharma, A., Shukla, S., Shukla, K., Giri, B.S., Katiyar, V. and Pandey, A., 2022. Phytoremediation of dye-containing wastewater. In Current Developments in Biotechnology and Bioengineering (pp. 197-222). Elsevier.
- Salam, M.D., Porwal, S., Mishra, A. and Varma, A., Functional Metagenomics in Environmental Bioremediation: Recent Advances, Challenges and Future Outlook. Omics for Environmental Engineering and Microbiology Systems, pp.257-267.
- Sharma, N., Shukla, S., Shukla, K., Varma, A., Kumar, V., Salam, M.D. and Mishra, A., Recent Advancements in Microbial Degradation of Xenobiotics by Using Proteomics Approaches. In Omics for Environmental Engineering and Microbiology Systems (pp. 181-201). CRC Press.
- Shukla, S., Upadhyay, D., Mishra, A., Jindal, T. and Shukla, K., 2022. Challenges Faced by Farmers in Crops Production Due to Fungal Pathogens and Their Effect on Indian Economy. In Fungal diversity, ecology and control management (pp. 495-505). Springer, Singapore.
- Takkar S., Shandilya C, Agrahari R., Chaurasia A., Vishwakarma K., Mohapatra S., Varma, A., Mishra A*. Green technology: Phytoremediation for pesticide pollution. Phytoremediation Technology for the Removal of Heavy Metals and Other Contaminants from Soil and Water (PP 353-375). Elsevier
- Mishra A*., Vishwakarma K., Malaviya P., Kumar N., Pavón L. R., Shandilya C., Sharma, R. Bisht A., Takkar S., 2022. Influence of greenhouse gases on plant epigenomes for food security. Biomass, Biofuels, Biochemicals (pp421-450). Elsevier
- Pati, S., Mohapatra, S., Vishwakarma, K., Bandekar, D., Mishra, A. and Samantaray, D., 2021. Impact of Climate on Soil Microbes and Plant Health. In Climate Change and the Microbiome (pp. 359-368). Springer, Cham.
- Thakur, I.S. and Mishra, A., 2021. Rising Greenhouse Gases in the Atmosphere: The Microbes Can Be a Solution—A Review. Climate Change and the Microbiome, pp.623-636.
- Shukla, K., Shukla, S., Upadhyay, D., Singh, V., Mishra, A. and Jindal, T., 2021. Socio-Economic Assessment of Climate Change Impact on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services. In Climate Change and the Microbiome (pp. 661-694). Springer, Cham.
- Sharma, S., Mishra, A., Shukla, K., Kumari, P., Jindal, T. and Shukla, S., 2021. The Potential Impact of Climate Change on Soil Health, Soil Biota, and Soil Properties: A Review. Climate Change and the Microbiome, pp.31-48.
- Mishra, A., Kumar, M., Medhi, K. and Thakur, I.S., 2020. Biomass energy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS). In Current Developments in Biotechnology and Bioengineering (pp. 399-427). Elsevier. 9780444636744
- Maheshwari, N., Mishra, A., Thakur, I.S. and Srivastava, S., 2021. Algal Biofuel: A Sustainable Approach for Fuel of Future Generation. In Environmental Microbiology and Biotechnology (pp. 3-29). Springer, Singapore.
- Mishra, A*., Rajput, S., Gupta, P.S., Goyal, V., Singh, S., Sharma, S., Shukla, S., Singh, A., Shukla, K. and Varma, A., 2021. Role of Cyanobacteria in Rhizospheric Nitrogen Fixation. In Soil Nitrogen Ecology (pp. 497-519). Springer, Cham.
- Upadhyay, D., Shukla, K., Mishra, A., Jindal, T., Sharma, S. and Shukla, S., 2021. Molecular Aspects and Oxygen Relations of Nitrogen Fixation in Cyanobacteria. In Soil Nitrogen Ecology (pp. 521-568). Springer, Cham.
- Parashar, R., Shukla, S., Shukla, K., Varma, A. and Mishra, A*., 2021. Unravelling Microbial Nitrogen Pathway in Rhizosphere. In Soil Nitrogen Ecology (pp. 163-177). Springer, Cham.
- Shukla, S., Shukla, K., Mishra, A., Jindal, T., Sharma, S., Upadhyay, D. and Singh, V., 2021. Ecological Perspectives on Soil Microbial Community Involved in Nitrogen Cycling. In Soil Nitrogen Ecology (pp. 51-91). Springer, Cham.
- Lorena Ruiz Pavón, A. Mishra, F. Lundh, B. Persson, Cornelia Spetea Wiklund. Localization and functional studies of Arabidopsis anion transporter 1 Photosynthesis: Energy from the Sun, 2008, 1063-1066
- Dr. D S Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship by University Grant Commission in 2016.
- Editorial Board Member Frontiers in Plant Science (Plant symbiotic interactions)
- Editorial Board Member Frontiers in Microbiology (Microbial Physiology and Metabolism)
- DST-SERB International Travel Award to travel South Korea (2019)
- EMBO travel grant to attend EMBO Workshop on the Cell and Molecular Biology of Chlamydomonas and The 13th International Chlamydomonas conference. May 27-June 1, 2008, Hyères-les-Palmiers, France.