Assistant Professor | Department of Botany
Contact (Off.): +919540056953
Email Address : shalinikaushiklove[at]gmail[dot]com
Botany, Ecology, Ecophysiology and Environmental Sciences
- B.Sc. H Botany , 2000 , University of Delhi
- M.Sc. Botany , 2002 , University of Delhi
- Ph.D. , 2010 , University of Delhi
Topic of Research
- Investigations on some agroecological aspects of Phalaris minor Retz.
Centre for Environmental Management of Degraded Ecosystems (CEMDE)
School of Environmental Studies
University of Delhi
Thesis supervisor: Prof. Inderjit
- M. Sc. Botany – 2002 (1st Division)
Department of Botany, University of Delhi.
- Crop Genetics & Plant Breeding.
- Microbial and molecular genetics
- Studies on Biochemical & Quantitative Genetic Variation In Two Cultivars of Vigna unguiculata. (Supervisor- Prof. C. R. Babu)
- B. Sc. (H) Botany – 2000 (1st Division)
Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi.
Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
- Qualified Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and eligibility for Lectureship (NET), held in June-2002
- Placed among the TOP 20% JRF-NET awardees in Life Sciences on the basis of merit list.
Botany, Cell Biology, Ecology, Taxonomy, Physiology, Genetics, Biodiversity etc.
Undergraduate students of BSc. (H) Physics and BSc, (H) Physics were guided for research for the following
Innovation project, University of Delhi entitled- ''Development of mobile based application for the identification of selected flora of Delhi University (North Campus)''-(2015-2016)
- Co-convener life science society for the Academic year 2018-2019.
- Convener ‘Society of General awareness’ in the academic year 2019-2020, and 2020-202, Hansraj College.
- Member, Pratyaksha Project (launched in July 2020) Hansraj College.
- Member ‘Internal Quality Assurance Cell’, Hansraj College.
- Editorial Board member, Hansraj College research journal ‘HansShodhSudha’ launched in July 2020.
- Member, organizing committee of two-day workshop on “Ethnobotany” held on 16th -17th September 2016 at Department of Botany, Hansraj College under Department of Biotechnology STAR College Scheme.
- Member, organizing committee of two-day Faculty Development Workshop on Ecology held on 12-13 December 2016 at Department of Botany, HansRaj College under the aegis of Department of Biotechnology STAR College Programme.
- Member, organizing committee of five-day Summer-school on “Trends in reproductive biology: future perspectives’ held on 29 May-2 June, 2017 at Department of Botany, Hansraj College under the aegis of Department of Biotechnology STAR College Programme.
- Member, Organizing Committee, of a workshop on Computer proficiency in day-to-day work and dealings in workplace and public life organized by Department of Botany in association with IQAC on 6th July 2017.
- Member, Organizing Committee INSPIRE CAMP, funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, held from 12th Dec 2017 to 16th Dec 2017.
- Organized Faculty Development program on Agriculture Health and Society, organized by Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre, Hansraj College on March 15 and 16, 2019.
Ph.D. Thesis on
- Investigations on some agroecological aspects of Phalaris minor Retz.
Granted Innovation project by University of Delhi for one year (2015-2016) entitled ''Development of mobile based application for the identification of selected flora of Delhi University
Contribution to Book Chapter
- Shalini Kaushik, Robert E Blackshaw RE, Inderjit (2005) Ecology and management of an exotic weed Phalaris minor. In: Inderjit (ed.) Invasive plants: ecological and agricultural aspects. pp.181–193 Birkhauser-Verlag AG, Basel
- Inderjit, Shalini Kaushik (2009) Management of Phalaris minor, an exotic weed of cropland. In: Inderjit (ed.) Management of invasive weeds. pp 279-286 Springer, New York.
- Inderjit, Shalini Kaushik (2010) Effect of herbicides with different modes of action on physiological and cellular traits of Anabaena fertilissima. Paddy and Water Environment, 8:277-282. Impact factor: 1.025, ISSN: 1611-2490
- Shalini Kaushik and Inderjit (2007) Oryza sativa straw restricts Phalaris minor growth: allelochemicals or soil resource manipulation? Biology and Fertility of Soils, 43: 557-563. Impact factor: 2.505, ISSN: 0178-2762
- Shalini Kaushik, Inderjit, Jens Carl Streibig and Nina Cedergreen (2006) Activities of mixtures of soil-applied herbicides with different molecular targets. Pest Management Science, 62:1092-1097. Impact factor: 2.594, Online ISSN: 1526-4998 4
- Shalini Kaushik and Inderjit (2006) Phytotoxicity of selected herbicides to mung bean (Phaseolus aureus Roxb.). Environmental & Experimental Botany, 55:41-48. Impact factor: 2.578, ISSN: 0098-8472 5
- Inderjit, David Chapman, Maria Ranelletti and Shalini Kaushik (2006) Invasive marine algae: An ecological perspective. The Botanical review, 72 (2): 153-178. Impact factor: 1.533, ISSN: 0006-8101
- Inderjit, Ragan Morrison Callaway and Shalini Kaushik (2006) Time for international policies on biological invasions. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 4: 67-68. Impact factor: 7.615, ISSN: 1540-9295 7
- Shalini Kaushik and Inderjit. (2005) Effect of rice straw incorporation on phytotoxicity of isoxaflutole to an exotic weed Phalaris minor Retz. Plant and Soil, 277:35-40. Impact factor: 2.638, ISSN: 0032-079X
- Harleen Kaur, Inderjit and Shalini Kaushik (2005) Cellular evidence of allelopathic interference of benzoic acid to mustard (Brassica juncea L.) seedling growth. Plant Physiology & Biochemistry, 43:77-81. Impact factor: 2.775, ISSN: 0981-9428
- Shalini Kaushik Love (20) Microbial fuel cell: a potential technology for treatment of waste water and generation of bioelectricity. HansShodhSudha, 1:51-56.
Conference/ Symposium etc. Paper Presented
- Participated in International Conference of “Integrative Chemistry, Biology and Translational Medicine” organized by the Centre for Global Health, Hansraj College, University of Delhi and Loyola University of Chicago Stritch School of Medicine USA on February 25-26, 2019.
- Resource person in “Workshop on Hands on Training Program for Laboratory Staff” organized by IQAC and Department of Botany, Hansraj College held on June 18 and 19, 2019.
- Resource Person in Four day Workshop on Skill Enhancement of Laboratory Staff held on 28-31 December 2015 organized by Department of Botany, Hansraj College under Department of Biotechnology STAR College Scheme.
Workshop/ Conference/ Symposium ATTENDED
- Participated in the workshop on “Introduction to Bioinformatics” organized by Department of Zoology, Zakir Husain Delhi college, held at Institute of Life Long Learning, University of Delhi, Delhi from January 16-20th, 2012.
- Participated in the workshop on “Computational Genomics and Its Application to Plant Biology” organized by Sub – DIC at National Institute of Plant Genome Research from March 16-20th , 2013.
- Participated in Workshop on Recent Trends in Plant systematics and Future Prospects organized by Department of Botany, Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi on March 12, 2019.
- Participated in National seminar on “Draft New Education Policy, 2019” organized by Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre, Hansraj College on August 10, 2019.
- Participated in Faculty Development program on Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Rights, organized by Department of Botany and IQAC in collaboration with Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre, Hansraj College on January 23-25, 2020.
Webinars/WeBinar series and online faculty development programs (FDPs)
- Participated in three days Webinar for faculty on Covid 19: Challenges and Road Ahead organized by Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre, Hansraj College, University of Delhi on May 7-9, 2020
- Participated in Webinar on ‘Evolution of Science seen from historical perspectives’ organized by Deshbandhu College, university of Delhi held on May,12-13, 2020
- Member, organising committee: Webinar on for non-teaching staff ??????? ?? ????? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?????? organized by Department of Botany and IQAC, Hansraj College on 13-14 May, 2020.
- Participated in International Webinar on Biodiversity and Environmental Health, organized by Department of Environmental Studies, Shivaji College, University of Delhi on May 20, 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on “ECOLOGICAL REVIVAL DURING PANDEMIC”, organised by Department of Chemistry of Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, University of Delhi on 21st May 2020 through Google Meet.
- Participated in the webinar titled " Intellectual Property Rights " held on 22/05/2020 organized by Research and Development Cell and IPR Cell with Chennai Softech - Technical Partner.
- Participated in National Webinar on ??? ??? ?? ????? ??? ????? organized by Hansraj College, University of Delhi on May 27, 2020
- Participated in Webinar on Plant Biology: A Journey from Earth to Space organized by Department of Botany, Ramjas College, University of Delhi on May 22-23, 2020.
- Webinar on Higher Education in India: COVID 19 and Beyond organized by Swami Shraddhanand College, University of Delhi and Akhil Bharatiya Itihas Sankalan Yojana on June 2, 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar on Biodiversity and Man organized by Department of Botany, Dyal Singh College in collaboration with Society of Ecological Research and Natural Resource Management on June 5, 2020
- Participated in National Webinar entitled ‘Digital learning in and beyond COVID19’organized by Raghunath girls PG college, Meerut, U.P. held on June7, 2020
- Participated in National Webinar on Biodiversity and Conservation (NWBC 2020) organized by Department of Botany, Daulat ram College, University of Delhi on June 8, 2020.
- Participated in National Webinar Series on “NAAC’s Assessment Criteria for Accreditation " organized by Hansraj College, University of Delhi Under PARAMARSH, a UGC scheme for mentoring NAAC accreditation aspirant institutions to promote quality assurance in higher education on June 8 th - 14th ,2020.
- Participated in international Webinar on “COVID-19: TRUTHS AND MYTHS " by Dr. Muneeb A. Faiq New York University, NY, USA, organized by IQAC, Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi on 9 th June 2020.
- Participated in Webinar on "Tinkering with Plant Genomes" Organized by Department of Botany, Miranda House, University of Delhi July 6, 2020.
- Participated in Webinar on “Student Learning Centre: Objectives and Perspectives” organized by organized by Student Learning Centre, IQAC, Hansraj College July 13, 2020.
- Participated in Webinar Series Basic and Professional, from 23rd July to 25th July 2020 and from 28th to 30th August, 2020 respectively on “Transforming Teaching-Learning Process using ICT Tools” organized by IQAC, PGDAV College, University of Delhi.
- Successfully completed One Week Online Faculty Development Programme on "ICT ENHANCED TEACHING LEARNING AND CREATING MOOCs" and obtained grade A+ conducted jointly by Ministry of Human Resource Development Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching Learning Centre Ramanujan College University of Delhi and IQAC, Shivaji College University of Delhi held on August 18 - August 25, 2020.
- Participated in two days ‘National -E-Conference’ on Plant Science Research: Relevance, Funding, Challenges and Opportunities held on 16th-17th January 2021.
- Participated in poster presentation competition XVII - International Botanical Congress, held from 17-23 July 2005, at Vienna Austria.
- Awarded Young Scientist Support funded by Asean-European University Network (ASEAUNINET) to attend XVIIth International Botanical Congress (IBC) - 2005 held at Vienna, Austria