Assistant professor | Department of Philosophy
Contact (Off.): 9999964033
Email Address : upendraguddu[at]gmail[dot]com
- Member Secretary (In-charge) (15.04.2019 – 26.08.2019).
- Director (Planning and Research), (August 1, 2018- 12.09.2019)
- Chairman of Finance Committee, Member of Governing Body, Research Project Committee, Member of Sexual Harassment Committee, Council Member and other Committees of ICPR, New Delhi.
- Public Information Officer,(17.09.2018 to 31.08.2019), Appellate Authority, Public Information, (15.04.2019 – 26.08.2019).ICPR, New Delhi.
- Teaching Experience at the University of Delhi
- October 7, 2022- Till date.
- January 7, 2020- October 7, 2022, Janki Devi Memorial College, Department of Philosophy Assistant Professor (Ad-Hoc).
- Feb. 8, 2011- July 31, 2018, ShayamaPrashadMukharjee College, Department of Philosophy Assistant Professor (Ad-Hoc).
- July 2009 – Jan.20, 2011, Lakshmibai College, Department of Philosophy Assistant Professor (Ad-Hoc).
- August 18, 2008 – December 29, 2008, Miranda House, Department of Philosophy as Assistant Professor (Ad-Hoc)
- October 30, 2007 – August 18, 2008, Shyama Prasad Mukherji College Department of Philosophy as Assistant Professor (Ad-Hoc).
Formal Logic, Art and Film Appreciation, Ethics, Bioethics, Feminism, Modern Western Philosophy, Critical Thinking and Decision Making, Ethics in Public Domain, Greek Philosophy.
A Critical Examination of Concept of Limitation in the Transcendental Philosophy of Kant
- Limitation in Kant’s Philosophy, ISBN: 978-93-313-2983-7, APH PUBLISHING CORPORATION, DELHI. 2017.
- Philosophical reflection of Buddhism in Japanese Society, 978-93313-2982-0, APH PUBLISHING CORPORATION, DELHI. 2017.
- Japan Mein Bodh Dharma, ISBN: 978-93- 85145- 17 – 9, SHIVALIK PUBLICATION, DELHI. 2017.
Research Papers Published:
- “Spread of Buddhism in the Context of Shinto in Meiji Japan”, PSSHperspectiveofsocialsciencesandhumanities. (January-June2013)
- “Subordination of Women: Simon De Beauvoir”, Edu World:APeerreviewedjournal. (January-December 2013).
- “ Concealed Errors in Kant’s Epistemology”, EduCare:/ISBN:2319-5282.
- “Limitation in Kant’s Space and Time”, Care:/ISBN:2319-5282.
- "Possibility, Validity, and Limit of Knowledge in Kant", Conference Proceedings "International Arts, Culture, Literature, Languages, Gender Studies/ Sexuality, Humanities and Philosophy for Sustainable Development/ ISBN: 978-93-85822-52-0.
- “Simone De Beauvoir’s Critique of Transcendence” Anusilana ISSN: 973- 8762. Vol. LXXXII.
- Vivid Application of Ethical Theories in Public Domain, ShodhPrerak, ISSN 2231-413X, Vol 8, March 2018.
- “Kabeer ka Sahitya evam Darshan,” Jigyasa, ISSN 0974- 7648, Vol. 12, No. iv
- “Buddhist Concept of Avyakrta and Kant’s Concept of Unknown: Problem and Solution.” Madhya Bharti, ISSN 0974-0066, Vol,79. ( UGC Care List).
- Concept of Limitation in Kant’s Transcendental Philosophy: A Critical Appreciation. Darsaniki ISSN 2230 7435, (UGC Care List).
Conference/ Symposium etc. Paper Presented
- Paper entitled “Influence, Conflict, and Relevance: Buddhism vs Shintoism in Japan” in Interim World Philosophy Congress held on December 15-20, 2006.
- Paper entitled “Spread of Buddhism in the Context of Shinto in Meiji Japan” in International Seminar on Buddism in East Asia Study Center, D.U. held in February 2010.
- Paper entitled “Impact of Confucian Thoughts on Chinese Values” in Asian Philosophy Congress held on March 6-9, 2010.
- Paper entitled “Gandhi’s Truth and Non-violence: Conflict and Identity” in national seminar on contemporary thinkers” in the Department of Philosophy, March13-15, 2016.
- Paper entitled Challenging aspects of Pramanavada” in National seminar on Pramanyavada, Department of Philosophy, University of Allahabad, held on February 18-19, 2017.
- Paper titled "Possibility Validity and Limit of knowledge in Kant", Presented at "INTERNATIONAL International Conference on arts, culture, literature, languages, gender studies/sexuality, humanities and philosophy for sustainable development " organized by "KRISHI SANSKRITI", at the convention center Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. ( 10th June 2017)
- Topic: Religion and Global Peace, National Seminar, February, University of Allahabad. 2018.
- Topic: Women Empowerment: Myth & Reality, National Seminar: Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, University of Delhi. March, 2018.
- Topic: Presented a paper on Kabeer Darshan, at Sampurnanand Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi. (15-17 September 2018)
- Chaired a Session in the National Seminar on “Revitalization of Indian Philosophy: Decolonization of Indian Mind” Organized by the Indian Council of Philosophical Research in collaboration with PrajanaPravah, 13th – 14th October 2018.
- FDP: (Faculty Development Programme) March, HansrajCollege, University of Delhi. 2018.
Other Academic Activities:
- Participated and contributed to the Workshop for the development of the topic on “Indian Philosophical Systems” for the textbook titled “Knowledge Traditions and Practices of India” organized by NCERT, New Delhi, on October 10-11, 2018
- Guest of Honour in two Workshops on “Essence of Samaysara” and on “Yasholata” organized in Delhi and Rajkot respectively and delivered ‘introductory address’
- As Member Secretary i/c attended Council, Governing Body, and Research Project Committee meetings and actively participated in deliberations and decisión making.
- Act as Centre Observer for the examination of various posts in ICHR.
- Attended as Guest of Honour at the lecture program conducted by Vedanta Bharati on “The Benefits of AdiShankaracharya’sStotraSahtya” in New Delhi on 6th July 2018.
- The Abstract has been accepted in Vedanda Congress.