Professor | Department of Physics
Contact (Off.): 27667458
Email Address : drchetanajain11[at]gmail[dot]com
My research interest includes,
MEDIA COVERAGE: Here are the links to my discovery of an extra-solar planet
August 2021 onwards: Professor, Hansraj College, University of Delhi
August 2018 - August 2021: Associate Professor, Hansraj College, University of Delhi
August 2009 - August 2018: Assistant Professor, Hansraj College, University of Delhi
November 2006 - August 2008: Lecturer at Hansraj College, University of Delhi
October 2006 - November 2006: Lecturer at Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi
August 2005 - October 2006: Lecturer at Hansraj College, University of Delhi
Papers taught at the Under-graduate Level
Ph. D. SUPERVISION
Two students are pursuing their Ph. D. under my supervision at the Department of Physics and Astrophysics, University of Delhi
SUPERVISION OF UNDER-GRADUATE PROJECTS
Academic Year, 2022- 2023
Academic Year, 2021- 2022
Academic Year, 2020 - 2021
Academic Year, 2019 - 2020
Academic Year, 2018 - 2019
Academic Year, 2017 - 2018
Academic Year, 2016 - 2017
Academic Year, 2015 - 2016
Academic Year, 2014 - 2015
Academic Year, 2013 - 2014
Academic Year, 2012 - 2013
Academic Year, 2011 - 2012
Academic Year, 2010 - 2011
Thesis Title: Study of X-ray Pulsars using Satellite Data, March 2010
1) Academic Year: 2013 – 2015
PI of Innovation Project on 'Understanding the physical and geometrical behaviour of differential equations and its applicability to the real world'. Sponsored by University of Delhi.
2) Academic Year: 2020 - Till date
Co-PI in an on-going international project Co-funded by Erasmus+ program of the European Union
3) Academic Year: 2021 - 2022
Co-PI in project funded under the Faculty Research Programme of Institute of Eminence, University of Delhi
4) Academic Year: 2022 - Till date
PI of an on-going project funded by College Research Council
Co-PI in an on-going project funded under the Faculty Research Programme of Institute of Eminence, University of Delhi
1) Book titled, 'Principles of Electromagnetic Theory', Narosa Publishing House, ISBN: 978-81-8487-600-0
2) Book titled, 'Computing in Scilab', Cambridge University Press
3) E-lessons for Virtual Learning Environment, Institute of Life Long Learning, University of Delhi ISSN 2349-154X
4) Reviewer for Virtual Learning Environment, Institute of Life Long Learning, University of Delhi ISSN 2349-154X
Articles in Refereed - SCOPUS Indexed Journals
1) Broadband mHz QPOs and spectral study of LMC X–4 with AstroSat
2) Eclipse Timings of the LMXB XTE J1710-281 : discovery of a third orbital period glitch
3) Broad-band spectral analysis of LMXB 2S 0921-63 with Suzaku
4) Change in spin-down rate and detection of emission line in HMXB 4U 2206+54 with AstroSat observation
5) Discovery of cyclotron and narrow Fe Kα lines in HMXB GRO J1750-27
6) Timing and Spectral Analysis of HMXB OAO 1657-415 with NuSTAR
7) Broad-band spectral study of LMXB black hole candidate 4U 1957+11 with NuSTAR
8) Broad-band spectral analysis of LMXB XTE J1710-281 with Suzaku
9) Study of the reflection spectra of SAX J1748.9-2021
10) Spectral properties of MXB 1658-298 in the low/hard and high/soft state
11) Thermonuclear X-ray burst of MXB 1658-298 with NuSTAR
12) Indication of a massive circumbinary planet orbiting the Low Mass X-ray Binary MXB 1658-298
13) Torque reversals and pulse profile of the pulsar 4U 1626-67
14) Pulse profile stability of the Crab pulsar
15) Search for pulsations in the LMXB EXO 0748-676.
16) Eclipse Timings of the LMXB XTE J1710-281: Orbital Period Glitches.
17) New measurement of orbital and spin period evolution of the Accretion Disk Corona source 4U 1822-37.
18) An X-ray Bright Nucleus in the Low Surface Brightness Galaxy UGC 6614.
19) Spectral and temporal changes associated with flux enhancement in 4U 1626-67.
20) Orbital X-ray modulation study of three supergiant HMXBs.
21) Discovery of short orbital period in Supergiant Fast X-ray Transient IGR J16479-4514.
22) Orbital evolution measurement of the accreting millisecond X-ray pulsar SAX J1808.4-3658.
23) Pulse phase dependence of the magnetar bursts.
24) Search for orbital motion of the pulsar 4U 1626-67: Candidate for a neutron star with a supernova fallback accretion disk.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
1) Orbital evolution of the Low Mass X-ray Binaries 4U 1822-37, XTE J1710-281 and MXB 1658-298
Paul, B., & Jain, C. 2010, in The First Year of MAXI: Monitoring Variable X-ray Sources, 26
2) Orbital evolution of X-ray binaries and quasi-periodic oscillations in X-ray pulsars.
Paul B., Raichur H., Jain C., James M., Devasia J., & Naik S., 2011, ASI Conference Proceedings, 3, 29
1) A torque reversal to spin-up in 4U 1626-67. Jain, C. & Paul, B., 2009, ATel 2095
2) Detection of periodic X-ray modulation of SFXT IGR J16207-5129 in the Swift-BAT light curve. Jain, C., Paul, B. & Maitra, C., 2011, ATel 3785
Articles in Peer Reviewed Journals
1) Stellar and Pulsar Classification using Machine Learning
1) Paper Presentation
2) Poster Presentation
OUTREACH ACTIVITY AS RESOURCE PERSON
Participation in Workshop/ FDP/ STC/ Refresher Course (Academic Year 2018-2019 onwards)
Organization of various programmes at Hansraj College and University of Delhi
2) Summer School
3) Faculty Development/Induction Programmes
6) Online Competition on 'Covid-19: Awareness Program' during 13th – 18th May 2020
7) Online Course on ‘Introduction to Machine Learning for Physics and Electronics’ during 01st – 15th August 2020
8) Member of organizing committee of “National Conference on Advanced materials: Theory and Applications”, organized by Hansraj College, University of Delhi during 26-28 September 2019.
9) Educational visit: Students’ educational visit to National Physical Laboratory (NPL) on 27th September 2013