Assistant Professor | Department of Chemistry
Contact (Off.): 9205571907
Email Address : gagandeepchemistry[at]gmail[dot]com
1. Guest Lecturer in Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi (07.03.2022 to 26.4.2022).
2. Assistant Professor, Hansraj College, University of Delhi (22.11.2022 to till date)
Structural optimization of heterocyclic compounds for their therapeutic applications
1. Gagandeep, Prince Kumar, Shamseer Kulangara Kandi, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay, Diwan S. Rawat. "Synthesis of novel monocarbonyl curcuminoids, evaluation of their efficacy against MRSA, including ex vivo infection model and their mechanistic studies." Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2020, 195, 112276.
2. Garima Arora†, Gagandeep†, Assirbad Behura, Tannu Priya Gosain, Ravi P. Shaliwal, Saqib Kidwai, Padam Singh, Shamseer Kulangara Kandi, Rohan Dhiman, Diwan S. Rawat and Ramandeep Singh. "NSC 18725, a pyrazole derivative inhibits growth of intracellular Mycobacterium tuberculosis by induction of autophagy." Front. Microbiol., 2020, 10, 3051. († These authors have contributed equally to this work)
3. Gagandeep, Manisha Singh, Saqib Kidawi, Ujjalkumar S. Das, Thirumurthy Velpandian, Ramandeep Singh, Diwan S. Rawat. "Monocarbonyl curcuminoids as antituberculosis agents with their moderate in‐vitro metabolic stability on human liver microsomes." J. Biochem. Mol. Toxicol., 2021, 35, 1-10.
4. Gagandeep, Rohit Kholiya, Saqib Kidwai, Padam Singh, Ramandeep Singh, Diwan S. Rawat. "Design and synthesis of benzimidazole derivatives as anti-mycobacterial agents." J. Biochem. Mol. Toxicol. 2022, e23123.
5. Vandana Kumari,, Kona Madhavinadha Prasad, Inderjeet Kalia, Gagandeep, Rajnikant Dixit, Diwan S. Rawat, O. P. Singh, Agam P. Singh, and Kailash C. Pandey. "Dissecting The role of Plasmodium metacaspase-2 in malaria gametogenesis and sporogony." Emerging microbes & infections 2022, 11, 938-955.
1. Gagandeep, Shamseer Kulangara Kandi, Shabana I Khan and Diwan S Rawat, Lead optimization of 4-aminoquinoline based molecular hybrids as potent antimalarial agents, ISCBC-2018, Manipal University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, January 11-13th, 2018.
2. Gagandeep, Shamseer Kulangara Kandi, Prince Kumar, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay, Diwan S. Rawat, Lead optimization of antibacterial C-5 curcuminoids against Staphylococcus aureus and their mechanistic investigations, HETCAT-2018, Department of Chemistry, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (MSU), Vadodara, Gujarat, December 8- 9th, 2018.
3. Gagandeep, Shamseer Kulangara Kandi, Prince Kumar, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay, Diwan S. Rawat, C-5 Curcuminoids: Synthesis and antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus and their mechanistic studies, ISCBC-2019; Hotel Golden Tulip, Lucknow, January 12-14th, 2019.
4. Gagandeep, Garima Arora, Assirbad Behura, Tannu Priya Gosain, Ravi P Shaliwal, Saqib Kidwai, Padam Singh, Shamseer Kulangara Kandi, Rohan Dhiman, Ramandeep Singh and Diwan S Rawat, Identification of NSC 18725, a pyrazole derivative via phenotypic screening as the intracellular Mycobacterium tuberculosis inhibitor by induction of autophagy, 107th Indian Science Congress Conference-2020, University of Agricultural Sciences, GKVK Campus, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, January 3-7th, 2020.