Associate Professor | Department of Chemistry
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : ambikasinghhrc[at]gmail[dot]com
1. Assistant Professor (Hans Raj College, University of Delhi), November 2007 - till date continued.
2. Guest Assistant Professor(Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi), November 2006-March 2007 and July-November 2007.
Guided Summer projects
Supervised in Inter-College Summer Project-2012, Organised by Department of Chemistry, Swami Shraddhanand College, University of Delhi, June, 2012.
Organised following events:
Isolation and chemical studies of active constituents from selected medicinal plants, 2008
1. Innovative Project entitled Developing a Synthetic Molecule Imitating the Properties of Hemoglobin to Reduce Carbon Monoxide emission from Automobile Exhaust (HR 205), Funded by University of Delhi, Duration 2013 to 2015.
2. Innovative Project entitled Extraction and utilization of natural pigments in cosmetics (HRC-303), Funded by University of Delhi, Duration 2015 to 2016.
3. Utilization of solid organic waste for the synthesis of metal/metal oxide nanomaterials for waste water treatment, funded by Research Council and institution's innovation council Hansraj College, DU, March 2022- till date continued.
Pradeep Pratap Singh & Ambika. "Organic Spectroscopy", Book published by "Viva Books Private Limited" New Delhi, 2018. ISBN: 9789387925120.
CHAPTERS in “INTERNATIONAL BOOKS”
Monographs in “INTERNATIONAL BOOKS”
1. Ambika, Pradeep Pratap Singh, Chapter: Functionalized Magnetic Carbon Nanomaterials For Environmental Remediation, Environmental Applications of Carbon Nanomaterials-Based Devices, Shadpour Mallakpour, Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, Wiley-VCH, 2021, ISBN:
2. Ambika, Pradeep Pratap Singh, Chapter 25, Monograph: Nanotechnology: Greener Approach for Sustainable Environment, Nanotechnology in Environmental Science, Hussain CM, Mishra AK, 2018, 805-824, published by Wiley-VCH Publishers, USA, ISBN: 9783527342945.
3. Pradeep Pratap Singh, Ambika, Environmental Remediation by Nano Adsorbents based Polymer nanocomposite, in the book "New Polymer Nanocomposites for Environmental Remediation", Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, Ajay Kumar Mishra, published by ELSEVIER, 2018, 223-241. ISBN: 9780128110331.
CHAPTERS in “NATIONAL BOOKS”
1. Pradeep Pratap Singh, Ambika. Chapter 3, Ionic liquids: Green solvents for the future, in the book entitled ‘Ecodevelopment: Glocal Perspectives’, 2011, 44-60, published by ‘Research India Press’ New Delhi, ISBN: 9788189131463.
2. Pradeep Pratap Singh, Ambika. Chapter 7: Antioxidants: The free radical scavengers, in the book entitled "Progress in environmental management, Indian experiences". 2014, 100-120, publishing by ‘Research India Press’ New Delhi, ISBN: 9788189131913.
3. S.M.S. Chauhan, Ambika, T. Bisht, Pradeep Pratap Singh. Chapter 20, “Bioactive compounds from Himalayan medicinal plants" in the book entitled ‘Herbal Drugs: A twenty first century perspective’, 2005, 190-199, published by ‘Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.’ New Delhi, ISBN: 8180618501.
4. Pradeep Pratap Singh, Ambika, Chapter 4: Dimentions of Nanocomposites in Pollution Control, in the book Nanocomposites for pollution control, Part 1 - Nanocomposite - A new dimension towards pollution control, Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, Ajay Kumar Mishra, published by Pan Stanford CRC Press, 2018, 107-126, ISBN: 9789814774451.
Edited proceedings for Indo-Portuguese workshop on Emerging trends Of nanotechnology in chemistry and biology, jointly Organized by Department of Chemistry Hansraj College and Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi, India. February 12th-13th 2016, published by Journal of Materials Nanoscience, 2016, 3(1), S15, ISSN 2394-0867.
Research Publications (International Journals)
Organised National FDP
Served as a convener, in the one day International conference as convener on Emerging Trends in Chemical and Applied Sciences for Sustainable Future, organised by Department of Chemistry & IQAC, Hansraj College, University of Delhi , 31October 2021.Served as programme coordinator in the National Seminar on "Environment and Sustainability in The Third World" by the Department of Chemistry & IQAC, Hansraj College, University of Delhi, 28 February, 2020.
Contribution in International Conferences/Seminars/Workshops:
Abstract Published in CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS/Peer Reviewed journals
1. Ambika, Anjali Saxena, Vijay Rani Rajpal, Pradeep Pratap Singh, Gurjot, Pratibha Meshram, Urmi Chaudhary, Kanika, Anisha Arora, Antra, Akanksha Sharma, Sumit Sangwan, Nikhil, Divya Kakkar, “Herbal cosmetics with anticancer and antimicrobial properties”, Proceedings of International conference on use of Nanotechnology in Chemistry and Biology. Journal of Materials Nanoscience, 2016, 3(1), S15, ISSN 2394-0867.
2. Akshat Verma, Vinay Gupta, Dileep Kumar Ojha, Pradeep Pratap Singh and Ambika. The "Dark World" of Cosmetics. Proceedings of National conference on "Role of Analytical Sciences in Sustainable Development". Journal of Integrated Science & Technology, 2016, 4(2), S1-S23 (S17), ISSN 2321-4635.
3. Akshat Verma, Vinay Gupta, Pradeep Pratap Singh and Ambika. Threatening Aspects of Cosmetics. Proceedings of UGC-Sponsored National Conference In Chemistry on Environment & Harmonious Development (NCC-2016) 7-8th April, 2016; ISBN: 9789385824012.
4. Kanika and Ambika. Entitled "Biodiesel: A Sustainable fuel Alternative." Proceedings of National conference on "Role of Analytical Sciences in sustainable development". Journal of
Integrated Science & Technology, 2016, 4(2), S1-S23, ISSN: 2321-4635.
Zero Waste Tools: The Smart Strategy for Future, DBT sponsored Department of Chemistry, Kishinchand Chellaram College, HNSC University, Mumbai.9 October 2021.
Oral presentation at the National Seminar on "Emerging Economics and Challenges to Sustainability Towards Developing Nation" Entitled An Efficient synthesis of N-10 substituted bis-isoalloxazines and their non-covalent interactions. Organized by Department of Chemistry Sri Aurobindo College, University of Delhi, India. March 29-30th, 2016.
Resource Person In Add-On Course
Attended International/National Webinars
Association with Professional Bodies
1. Life member of “Green Chemistry Network Centre” (GCNC), University of Delhi.
2. Life member (LMT-2011/23) of “Indian Society of Analytical Scientists” (ISAS), Analytical Chemistry Division, BARC, Trombay, Mumbai-400085, Delhi Chapter.
3. Annual Member of "The Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)" for the session 2017-2018.
Faculty development programmesAttended