Assistant Professor | Department of Chemistry
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : himanshu26[at]yahoo[dot]com
Multi-step Organic Synthesis, Biocatalysis, Parallel synthesis, Polymer Chemistry and Natural Product Chemistry.
1. Visiting Researcher in the lab of Prof. DL Kaplan, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA.
2. Post Doctoral Fellow in the lab of Prof. Richard A Gross, Polytechnic Institute of NYU, NY, USA.
3. Research Associate in the lab of Prof. Hasan Uludag, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
4. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI, USA.
5. Lecturer, Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi
6. Assistant Professor, Miranda House, University of Delhi
Chemistry of Cosmetics and Perfumes
Fundamental Organic Chemistry
Synthetic and Biotransformation Studies on N-Heterocyclic Compounds and Development of Novel Bioemulsifiers
1. Engineered Biocompatible Organic Nanoarchitectures: A New Paradigm for Disinfections 2015-2016,
Innovation Project, University of Delhi
1. Enzymatic Synthesis and Solid-state Properties of Aliphatic Polyesteramides with Polydimethylsiloxane blocks. B Sharma, A Azim, Himanshu, RA Gross. Macromolecules, 40; 2007; 7919-7927.
2. Lipase-catalyzed co-polymerization of ω-pentadecalactone with p-dioxanone and characterization of polymer thermal and crystalline properties. Z Jiang, Himanshu, RA. Gross, ML Focarte and M Scandola. Biomacromolecules 8; 2007; 2262-2269.
3. Candida antarctica Lipase B-Catalyzed Synthesis of Poly (butylene succinate): Shorter Chain Building Blocks Also Work. Himanshu, A. Dekhterman, Z. Jiang and RA Gross. Biomacromolecules, 7; 2006; 3093-3097.
4. Lipase-Catalyzed Synthesis of Silicon Polyamides. Himanshu Azim, A. Azim and RA Gross Polymeric Materials: Science & Engineering 93, 2005,458.
5. Lipase-catalyzed Oligoamide Synthesis. A. Azim, Himanshu Azim, B. Sahoo and RA Gross. Polymeric Materials: Science & Engineering 93, 2005,743.
6. Candida antarctica Lipase B catalyzed Synthesis of Poly (butylenes succinate). Himanshu, A. Dekhterman and RA Gross Polymeric Materials: Science & Engineering, 93, 2005, 456.
7. Highly efficient and selective biocatalytic acylation studies on triazolylsugars. A. Bhattacharya, AK Prasad, J. Maity, Himanshu, Poonam, CE Olsen, RA Gross and VS Parmar. Tetrahedron, 59, 2003, 10269-10277.
8. Selective reactions on ( )- aryl alkyl ketones, ( )- benzoxazines and D-arabino and - threo- hydroxyalkyl triazoles. Raunak, AK Prasad, NA Shakil, Himanshu, VS Parmar. Pure and Applied Chemistry, 73, 2001, 167-174.5.
9. Synthesis and antiviral activity evaluation of 2- phenyl-4-(D-arabino-4’- cycloamino-3’- hydroxybutyl) triazoles: acyclonucleosides containing unnatural bases. Himanshu, R. Tyagi, CE Olsen, W Errington, VS Parmar and AK Prasad. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 10, 2002, 963-968.
10. Novel lipase catalyzed highly selective acetylation studies on D-arabino and D-threo-polyhydroxy alkyl triazoles. AK Prasad, Himanshu, A. Bhattacharya, CE Olsen and VS Parmar. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 10, 2002, 947-951.
11. Mechanism of biochemical action of subsituted 4-methylbenzopyran-2-ones. Part I: Dioxgenated 4-methylcoumarins as superb antioxidant and radical scavenging agents. HG Raj, VS Parmar, SC Jain S Goel, Poonam, Himanshu, S Malhotra, A Singh, CE Olsen, J Wengel. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 6, 1998, 833-839.
12. Synthesis and anti-invasive activity of novel 1, 3-diarylpropenones. VS Parmar, SC Jain, KS Bisht, NK Sharma, Himanshu, S Gupta, AK Prasad, A Jha, Poonam, S Malhotra, SK Sharma, ME Bracke, W Errington, CE Olsen, J Wengel. Indian Journal of Chemistry, 37B, 1998, 628-643.
13. Lipase-catalyzed selective deacetylation of phenolic/enolic acetoxy groups in peracetylated benzyl phenyl ketones. VS Parmar, HN Pati, A Azim, R Kumar, Himanshu, KS Bisht, AK Prasad and W Errington Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 6, 1998, 109-118.