Associate Professor | Department of Chemistry
Contact (Off.): 27667458
Email Address : monicadinodia[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]in
12 years 10 months teaching at Hansraj College (from 27/12/2010-till now)
1.5 yrs teaching at Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, U.P
1. B. Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
Biomolecules, N containing functional groups, Polynuclear hydrocarbons, Oxygen Containing functional groups, Spectroscopy, Carboxylic acids and their derivatives, Carbonyl compounds, halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, phenols, ethers and epoxides, alkaloids, terpenes, heterocyclic compounds,Stereochemistry, Green Chemistry, alkanes, alkenes, alkynes.
2. B.Sc Programme Life Sciences and B.Sc Programme Physical Sciences
Carbohydrates, Amino acids and proteins, Carboxylic acids and their derivatives.
3. M. Sc. (Industrial chemistry at Amity University) Mass spectroscopy
4. Environmental Studies
Synthesis of some heterocyclic compounds and their biological evaluation, 2004(registered), Nov 2009 (awarded)
FROM THE EDITED VOLUME
Strategies Towards the Synthesis of Heterocycles and Their Applications,.
Book Chapter: Greener Approach towards the Synthesis of Nitrogen Based Heterocycles
Monica Dinodia, Submitted: August 21st, 2022 Reviewed: October 6th, 2022 Published: December 6th, 2022, DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.108489
Research papers published in Refereed/ Peer Reviewed Journals:
1) Synthesis, anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity evaluation of some amidine and hydrazone derivatives. Sondhi Sham M; Dinodia Monica; Kumar Ashok Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT R), UA. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry 14(13), 4657-63,(2006).
2) One pot synthesis of pyrimidine and bispyrimidine derivatives and their evaluation for anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities. Sham M. Sondhi, Shubhi Jain, Monica Dinodia, Rakesh Shukla and Ram Raghubir. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 15, Issue 10, Pages 3334-3344, 15 May 2007.
3) Synthesis of biologically active N-methyl derivatives of amidines and cyclized five-membered products of amidines with oxalyl chloride. Sham M. Sondhi, Monica Dinodia, Shubhi Jain and Ashok Kumar. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry Volume 43, Issue 12, Pages 2824-2830, 2007.
4) Heterocyclic compounds as anti-inflammatory agents. Sondhi, Sham M.; Dinodia, Monica; Singh, Jaiveer; Rani, Reshma. Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India. Current Bioactive Compounds (2007), 3(2), 91-108.
5) Synthesis of physiologically important quinoxaline derivatives using conventional method and microwave irradiation. Bhattacharjee, G.; Sondhi, S. M.; Dinodia, Monica; Mishra, Sushanta K. Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology (2008), 15(1), 72-74.
6) Synthesis of some thiophene, imidazole and pyridine derivatives exhibiting good anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities. Sondhi, Sham M.; Jain, Shubhi; Dinodia, Monica; Kumar, Ashok. Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT R), Roorkee, India. Medicinal Chemistry (2008), 4(2), 146-154.
7) Synthesis, anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity evaluation of some pyrimidine derivatives. S. M. Sondhi*, Monica Dinodia, Rakesh Shukla and Ram Raghubir. IJCB Vol.48B(2) [February 2009] 273-281.
8) Synthesis of biologically active novel bis Schiff bases, bis hydrazone and bis guanidine derivatives. S. M. Sondhi*, Monica Dinodia, Shubhi Jain and Ashok Kumar. IJC-B Vol.48B(08) [August 2009], 1128-1136.
9) Ionic Liquids: Environment-Friendly Greener Solvents for Organic Synthesis. Review Article Monica Dinodia* Volume 19, Issue 4, 2022, Pp: 543-557, DOI: 10.2174/1570179419666220107160725 Current IF: 2.276, 5 – Year IF: 1.987
10) Microwave-promoted Synthesis of Novel Bioactive N-based Heterocycles (E-pub Ahead of Print) Mini-Reviews in Organic Chemistry, Mini-Review Article
Published on: 10 June, 2022 Author(s): Monica Dinodia* Corpus ID: 248358269 DOI: 10.2174/1570193X19666220420133723, Current IF: 2.159, 5 – Year IF: 1.832
11) N-heterocycles: Recent Advances in Biological Applications Mini-Review Article (E-pub Ahead of Print) Mini-Reviews in Organic Chemistry, Published on: 04 February, 2022
Author(s): Monica Dinodia* DOI: 10.2174/1570193X19666211231101747
Print ISSN: 1570-193X Online ISSN: 1875-6298, Current IF: 2.159, 5 – Year IF: 1.832
12) Recent Advances in N-Heterocycles for COVID-19 Treatment - A Mini Review
(E-pub Ahead of Print) Medicinal Chemistry
Published on: 27 March, 2023
Author(s): Monica Dinodia* v:shapes="_x0000_i1025">DOI: 10.2174/1573406419666230228115410
ISSN (Print): 1573-4064
ISSN (Online): 1875-6638 SN
5 - Year: 2.3
1. Participated in the NATIONAL ONLINE WORKSHOP ON “CHEMDRAW SOFTWARE LEARNING” organized by Department of Chemistry, Aggarwal College Ballabgarh on 17/08/2022.
2. Member of organizing committee (Garden Committee) for terranium workshop on August 6 2021.
3. Participated in Tools for exploring chemistry (online workshop) organized by Department of chemistry, Rajdhani college, DU, Delhi on 12-13 July 2021.
4. Participated in Laboratory Safety measures and chemical waste management for Ecological and Environmental shield (online national workshop) on 16 April 2021
organized by Department of chemistry, Rajdhani college, DU, Delhi.
5. Participated in 1 Day National workshop on ICT tools for chemistry teachers (online) organized by GAD-TLC, SGTB Khalsa College, DU, Delhi under the
PMMMNMTT held on 22 Feb, 2021.
6. Member of organizing committee in Inspire programme (DST) held at Hansraj College from 12 Dec 2017-16 Dec 2017.
7. One day author Workshop conducted by Vivekananda library in association with Elsevier held at radhakrishnan auditorium at MDU Rohtak on 18 Nov 2016.
8. Member of Organizing Committee of Indo-Portuguese workshop on Emerging Trends of Nanotechnology in Chemistry and Biology (INCB-2016)organized by
Department of Chemistry Hansraj College and Deshbandu College, University of Delhi, India in association with CQM, University of Madeira, Portugal held on 12-13
9. Member of Organizing Committee of two days’ National Workshop on ‘Role of Scientific and Technical Terminology in Higher Education by Commision for Scientific
& Technical Terminology, MHRD at Hansraj College, July 2015.
10. DBT sponsored workshop on Relevance of Experimental Chemistry to Biotechnology March 12-13, 2014 at Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College, University of
11. Workshop on project funding and Technical consulting (for startups and researchers) held at Amity School of Engineering and Technology in collaboration with Amity
Innovation Incubator on 30th May, 2009.
12. Bruker-AXS, Germany sponsored 2 days National workshop on Techniques and challenges for Structure solution in Chemical Cyrstallography organized by Department
of Chemistry IIT Roorkee from Aug 31-Sep 1 2007.
1. Organized a webinar on the topic "Self-Healing Supramolecular Metallogels" on 07 October 2023 as convenor of Rasayanatva the Chemical Society of Hansraj College".
2. Organized a webinar on the topic "Catalytic Proximal-Selective Functionalization Of Selected Organic Compounds" on October 05th, 2023 as Convenor of Rasayanatva the Chemical Society of Hansraj College".
3. Organized a webinar on the topic "Organocatalytic Transformation of Feedstock molecules to Value- added Products and it's Mechanistic Investigation" on August 12, 2023 as Convenor of Rasayanatva the Chemical Society of Hansraj College".
4. Organized a webinar on 20th November, Saturday 2021 on "Plagiarism in Academic Writing and Research" in association with Chemical Society and IQAC, Hansraj College University of Delhi.
5. Participated in the Online Lecture Series on “Biomass waste management for healthy environment, resource conservation and taping Bioenergy” & “Good Laboratory Practices” by Dr. Navindu Gupta, organized by the Department of Chemistry, Shivaji College, University of Delhi under the aegis of DBT Sponsored Star College Scheme on October 30, 2021.
6. Attended International Webinar on "Global Peace and Power of positivity" organised by Department of Zoology, Hansraj College on 23rd October, 2021.
7. Participated in an Awareness session on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace organized by the Internal Complaints Committee, Hansraj College on August 13, 2021.
8. Participated and completed the Online National Webinar entitled "Teacher's e-Kit: A Four Quadrant Approach for Development of OERs for Higher Education" organized by Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre, SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi under the Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT) of Ministry of Education on 9th September 2021.
9. Participated in webinar on “Winning the game of publishing research papers, raising your profile, and extending the impact of your publications” held on Sep 7, 2021 and organized by Wiley.
10. Participated in one day International Science Webinar entitled "Chemistry For Sustainable Human Life - Essentials of New Education Policy" held on July 28th 2021, organised by RAMJAS COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OF DELHI.
11. Participated in One day Webinar on "Strengthening the immune system through Naturopathy" held on May 6, 2020 organized by Department of Botany and Internal Quality Assurance cell, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
12 Participated in One day webinar on Role of ICC and Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Workmen at Workplace on May 22, 2020.
13. Participated in the International Webinar on “Gut microbiota and host: the fight for iron” organised by Shrishti Chetna, Department of Zoology, Hansraj College, University of Delhi on 1st August 2020.
Members of Professional Bodies