Dr Satyakam Guha
Associate Professor | Department of Botany
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : satyakamg173[at]gmail[dot]com
Plant Biotechnology, Physiology and Biostatistics
- M.Sc. , 2001 , Jamia Hamdard
- M.Phil. , 2003 , University of Delhi
- Ph.D. , 2008 , University of Delhi
Year Position Held Institute
2008 - 2010 Assistant Professor (ad hoc) Sri Venkateswara College (University of Delhi South Campus)
14/12/2010 - 08/08/2020 Assistant Professor Hansraj College (University of Delhi)
09/08/2020 onwards Associate Professor Hansraj College (University of Delhi)
Teaching experience in Plant Biotechnology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Biostatistics and extensive research experience in Plant Biotechnology and Tissue Culture of Ornamental Plants
Plant Physiology, Metabolism, Plant Biotechnology, Tissue Culture, Genetics, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Molecular Physiology, Biostatistics
- As Presiding officer, in Delhi University Students Union Election and College Students Union Election (from 2008 till 2019).
- As co-staff advisor and member of Botanical Society “Involucre” of Sri Venkateswara College, organized various students related academic and cultural activities and also participated as a member of discipline committee of student’s union annual festival “Nexus”, of Sri Venkateswara College from 2008 till 13-12-2010.
- As a member of Botanical Society “Botanique” of Hans Raj college, organized various students related activities and seminars and in its annual cultural festival “Floristics” and also participated as a member of discipline committee in the student’s union annual festival “Confluence”, Hans Raj College, from 14-12-2010 till date.
- As a member of “Fine Arts Committee (2011-2012), SPIC MACAY (2011-2012, 2012-2013,2014-2015), Seminar Committee (2012-2013, 2013-2014), Environment Awareness Committee (2013-2014, 2014-2015)” various staff council committees of Hans Raj College, participated in various students related activities.
- Assisted the Science convenor admission 2017-2018, as an In-charge for the admission of B. Sc. and M. Sc. (Anthropology), on behalf of Teacher-in-charge, Department of Botany, Hans Raj College.
In Vitro Propagation of Orchids : Heterotrophy to Autotrophy
Innovative Project : Nutritional Profiling and its correlation with Functional Respiratory Capacity in soldiers/volunteers
- Chakraborty, K., Gautam D., Guha S. et al., (2017) Nutritional versus Functional Respiratory Capacity: A Cardinal Interplay. FASEB J. Vol. 31 (no. 1), Supplement lb832.
- Vyas, S., Kapai, V., Kapoor, P., Guha, S. and Rao, I. U. (2012) In vitro plantlet regeneration from protocorms of Dendrobium lituifloram Lindl. and Cymbidium bicolor Lindl. and their acclimatization: effect of salts, sucrose and banana extract. Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology, Vol. 87 (5), pg. 485-492.
- Guha S. and Rao, I. U. (2012) Nitric Oxide promoted rhizome induction in Cymbidium shoot buds under magnesium deficiency. Biologia Plantarum, Vol. 56 (2), pg. 227-236.
- Vyas, S., Kapoor-Pandey, P., Guha, S. and Rao, I. U. (2011) Synchronous Plantlet Formation by using Banana Extract and in vitro hardening in Orchid, Dendrobium lituiflorum Lindl. Journal of Ornamental and Horticultural Plants, Vol.1 (3), pg. 175-184.
- Malik D., Kapoor, P., Guha, S. and Rao, I. U. (2011) In vitro mineral nutrition and plant morphogenesis-A review. J. Plant Biol., Vol. 38 (1), pg. 293-307.
- Guha, S. and Rao, I. U. (2010) Culture surface and exogenous putrescine-altered shoot growth pattern in mannitol and cadmium chloride-pre-treated callus of Cymbidium Via del Playa ‘Yvonne’. In vitro cellular and developmental biology-plant, Vol. 46 No. 6, pg. 491-498.
- Vyas, S., Guha, S., Kapoor, P., and Rao, I. U. (2010) Micropropagation Cymbidium sleeping Nymph through protocorm-like bodies production by thin cell layer culture. Scientia Horticulturae, Vol. 123, pg. 551-557.
- Chugh, S., Guha, S., and Rao, I. U. (2009) Micropropagation of Orchids: A review on potential of different explants. Scientia Horticulture, Vol. 122, pg. 507-520.
- Vyas, S., Guha, S., Bhattacharya, M., and Rao, I. U. (2009) Rapid regeneration of plants of Dendrobium lituiflorum Lindl. (Orchidaceae) by using banana extract. Scientia Horticulturae, Vol. 121, pg. 32-37.