Ms Priyanka Verma
Assistant Professor | Department of English
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : priyankaverma[at]hrc[dot]du[dot]ac[dot]in
1. Indian writing in English
2. Family Studies
3. Gender Studies
- B.A. Hons English , 2002 , University of Delhi
- M.A. English , 2005 , University of Delhi
- MPhil English , 2008 , University of Delhi
Assistant Professor, Mata Sundri College for Women, University of Delhi- Aug 2006-March 2007 in Ad-hoc capacity
Assistant Professor, Hansraj College, University of Delhi, July 2007- till date
Indian Writing in English
Indian Writing in English Translation
Modern European Drama
1. Teacher in - charge, English Department 2018-2019
2. Convenor, Dramatics Society
3. Convenor, Department workload 2018-2019
4. Convenor, Department timetable 2018-2019
5. Convenor, English Admission Committee 2018-2019
6. Member, Debating Society
"Family, Society and Self in the Novels of Shashi Deshpande."
- Organized a student seminar on the topic ‘Between History and Literature’ , Hansraj College on 14 – 15th February, 2019.
- Organised a one day seminar on ‘Fractured Nations, Fragmented Identities: Revisiting Partition’ on behalf of English Department, Hansraj College on February 2, 2018.
- Participated in a 5 day Workshop on "Introduction to Academic Writing", organised by ILLL, University of Delhi, from 27th Jan to 2nd Feb, 2021
- Participated in a two day workshop on Teaching Gender: Problems and Prospects in Different Disciplines organized by LSR, WDC and ILLL, University of Delhi in 2011.
1. 101st 4-week Orientation Course New Delhi 16th July 2012 13th August 2012 2012 Academic Staff College, Jamia Milia Islamia
2. 3-week Refresher Course in Comparative Literature New Delhi 13th Dece mber 2012 3 rd January 2013 2012-13 Academic Staff College, Jamia Milia Islamia
3. Attended workshop on “Teaching Gender: Problems and Prospects in Different Disciplines” WSDC, Delhi 5 th Septe mber 2011 6 th Septem ber 2011 2011 ILLL, DU WSDC, Lady Shri Ram College for Women, DU
4. 2 weeks Faculty Development Programme on “Gender, Research Methods and Pedagogies” Delhi 20th Nove mber 2018 3 rd Decem ber 2018 2018 Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre
5. 2 weeks Faculty Development Programme on “Feminist Theories and Human Rights” Delhi 15th Dece mber 2018 28th Decem ber 2018 2018 Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre
6. 2 weeks Faculty Development Programme on “Blended Learning: Alternative DImensions."New from 12th January 2021 to 29th January 2021 organised by (PMMMNMTT) Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, DU.
7. 1 week workshop on Academic Writing from 27th January 2021 to 2nd February 2021 organised by Institute of Life Long Learning, University of Delhi