Ms Simran Sethi
Assistant Professor | Department of Economics
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : simransethi[at]hrc[dot]du[dot]ac[dot]in
International Economics, Public Finance, Econometrics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics
- MA. Economics , 2007 , Delhi School of Economics
- B.A.(H) Economics , 2005 , Shri Ram College of Commerce
12 years teaching experience
International Economics, Public Finance, Macroeconomics, Development Economics, Microeconomics
- Appointed as the member, Committee of Courses for Under-graduate Studies by the Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi for Designing the course structure of 4 year under-graduate programme from 2012-14.
- Paper Setter -Member of the Board of Paper Setters and examiners for setting of undergraduate Annual examinations for B.A.(H) Economics IIIrd Year "International Trade", May-June 2015, Unique Paper Code C-210.
- Paper Setter Member of the Board of Paper Setters and examiners for setting of undergraduate Annual examinations for B.A.(H) Economics IIIrd Year "International Trade", May-June 2014, Unique Paper Code C-210
- Paper Setter Member of the Board of Paper Setters and examiners for setting of undergraduate Annual examinations for B.A.(H) Economics IIIrd Year "International Trade", May-June 2013, Unique Paper Code C-210.
- Paper Setter- Member of the Board of Paper Setters and examiners for setting and moderation of question papers in Economics Paper II "Macroeconomics" of BA (Programme) Part II (2nd Year) and Paper X "Macroeconomics" of Bcom Course Part II (2nd year) Annual Exams to be held in April/May 2012.
- Teacher In-charge, Department of Economics, Hansraj College, 2015-16.
- Convener, Neenv- The Human Resource Development Cell, 2018-19
- Convener, Economics Society, 2011-12.
- Active member of various Societies in College –Canteen Committee, Women’s Development Council, Garden Committee, Enactus.
- Member, Screening Committee for the post of Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Hansraj College, 2017-18
Innovation project on “Public Private Puzzle in Education: Where the Parents Want to Send their Children and Why?” along with my colleagues and students. The main objective of the study was to find factors behind the selection of a particular school (2013-14). We received grant of Rs.3.5 lakhs from University of Delhi for the same project.
- Co-Authored book, Micro Economics-II, Book Age Publications, 2013, ISBN: 978-81-924901-5-1.
- Impact of various components of Government Expenditure on Economic Growth: Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries, IIMS Journal of Management Science, Vol.9, No.1, January-April 2018, ISSN: 0976-030X
- Trade Liberalization and Inequality: Re-examining Theory and Empirical Evidence, NMIMS Management Review, Vol.XXXVI, Issue 1, April 2018, ISSN: 0971-1023
- Trade and Economic Growth: The Case of India, Pragati: Journal of Indian Economy,Journal Press India, Vol.4, Issue 1, January- June 2017, pp.23-42
- The Relationship Between Public Expenditure and Economic Growth in India, Business Analyst, Vol.36, Issue 2, October 2015-March 2016, ISSN: 0973-211X
- Inflation, Inflation Volatility and Economic Growth: The Case of India, The IUP Journal of Applied Economics, Vol.XIV, No.3, ISSN: 0972-6861