Dr Kapila Mallah
Associate Professor | Department of Economics
Contact (Off.): 9582325958
Email Address : kapilajnu[at]gmail[dot]com
- Ph.D , , Jawaharlal Nehru University,New Delhi
- M.Phil , , Jawaharlal Nehru University,New Delhi
- M.Sc. Economics and Econometrics , , University Of Nottingham,England,UK
1.Working at Dept. of Economics, Hansraj College, University of Delhi since 2010.
2.Worked as Lecturer in the Dept. of Economics, Banasthali University, Rajasthan.
3.Acadimic Council Member of University of Delhi,2021-23.
M.Phil. Thesis Supervision
1.Year 2008:Indian Agriculture Export: An Analytical Study (1990-91 to 2005-06).
2.Year 2009:The Role of Regional Rural Banks in the Development of the District of Barabanki.
Member-Board of Studies in Department of Economics, at Banasthali University, Rajasthan on October 2007
1. Teacher-in-charge-Department of Economics.
2. Member Selection Committee for the appointment of Assistant Professor in
Ad-hoc capacity during 2012-13.
3. Member-Time Table Committee
4. Member -Workload Committee
5. Member -Hostel Committee
6. Member -Admission Committee
7. Member-Library Committee
8. Member-Sports Committee
9. Member-Discipline Committee
10. Member-Attendance Committee
11. Member-Monitoring Committee
12. Member-Student Welfare Committee
1. Member- Executive Committee of Staff Association Hansraj College
2. Member- Development Committee
3. Member- Finance Committee
1. Member -Executive Committee of Staff Association, Hansraj College
2. Member-Building Committee
3. Member-Finance Committee
1. Member-Convener room for Admission
2. Selected for One year M.Sc. in “Economics and Econometrics” at the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom under Faculty Training Programme, 2015-16, Delhi University
1. Staff Adviser- Department of Economics.
2. Convener- Canteen Committee
3. Member-Garden Committee
4. Member -Library Committee
5. Member- Department Academic Affair Committee
6. Member-Help Desk for Admissions
7. Member-Mentorship Programme
8. Member-Screening Committee for application of recruitment in Economics, Hansraj College, 2017
9. Member-Department NAAC Committee.
1. Convener- Culinary Arts Society
2. Member-Garden Committee
3. Member-Academic Affair Committee
4. Member-Mentorship Programme
5. Member-Canteen Committee
1. Deputy Superintendent -College Examination, Hansraj College Nov-Dec, 2019-20
2. Deputy Superintendent -NCWEB Examination Hansraj College Nov-Dec, 2019-20
3. Deputy Superintendent -Evaluation Centre, Hansraj College, 2019-20.
4. Convener- Women Development cell
6. Member-Academic Affair Committee
7. Member-Mentorship Programme
1. Convener- Environment Society
2. Convener -Spice Macey
4. Member-Acadimic Affair Committee
5. Member-Mentorship Programme
CESP, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Educational attainment in Contemporary Rajasthan, With Special Reference to the Gender Disparity
CESP, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Performance of Agriculture sector in Rajasthan: Some Issues
University of Nottingham, England ,UK
Educational Attainment in Contemporary India: An Analysis Based on Gender Discriminatation
- “The Willingness to Educate Daughter: Evidence from Urban India” has
been Published in the Rajasthan Economic Journal (Journal of Rajasthan
Economic Association), 55-67, volume 42(1), 2018, ISSN -0975-9050.
- Presented a paper entitled “Secondary Education for the Poorest: Equal Treatment, Unequal outcomes” at 40th Annual Conference of Economic Association of Rajasthan, held in January 24, 2020, at S.S.Jain Subodh P.G.College, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Presented a paper entitled “Inequality in Secondary Education in India: A note on recent trends” at International Conference of Haryana Economic Association and Department of Economics, M.D.University, Rohtak, held in March 11-12, 2019 at M.D.University, Rohtak (Haryana).
- Presented a paper entitled “Promoting Women’s Workforce Participation in the Era of Globalization,” at the 53rd Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics, held in December 17-19, 2011 at the M.L.S. University, Udaipur.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Women Workers in the new Economy: Issues & Challenges’ in the Golden Jubilee Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics, held in December 13-15, 2008 at the Giri Institute of Development Studies, Lucknow.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Gender Disparity in Education: An Analytical Study on the Relationship between Odds Ratio & Human Development Index for the State of Rajasthan’ at the Indian Economic Association Conference, held on 27-29 December, 2008 at the M.L.S. University, Udaipur.
- Presented a paper in International Conference entitled ‘Higher Education,Gender and social Class in India’, organized by Banasthali University on 11th -13th November,2008.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Employment Opportunities for Urban Women in the Globalized Era’ at the National Conference on Globalization through Gender Lens: Women Workers in Question, organized by Women’s Studies & Research Center, Banasthali University on 28th-30th March, 2007.
- Presented a paper in National Seminar entitled ‘Globalization and Women Education in India’ organized by WISDOM And IBA Bangalore &Greater Noida, at Banasthali University on 18th -19th November 2006.
- Resource Person on topic” sharing the economic implication of Covid-lockdown from different states in India” at Sri. C. Achutha Menon Govt College, Thrissur Kuttenellur,Kerela held in June 5,2020.
Participated/attended the Webinar/Workshops/Seminars/Conferences
Participation in training programmes and Workshop (Five days/Week long)
- Training Programme (7-Days Online) on “Data Analysis Using MS Excel” at center for Research Innovation and training (CRIT), IIS (Deemed to be University) Jaipur from 27th April to 3rd May 2020.
- workshop (7-Days) on “Contemporary Themes in India’s Economic Development and the Economic Survey”, Organized by Ministry of Finance and MHRD at IIT Delhi ,from June 11th to June 17th , 2017.
- Training course (5-days) on “Introduction to Mathematica” at Delhi University computer Centre, University of Delhi from 29.8.2011 to 2.9.2011.
Less than Five days FDPs /Workshops
- Faculty Development programme on Investing in Stock Markets on November 18-19, 2019 at Hansraj College, Delhi University.
- Faculty Development programme on Personal Financial and Tax Planning Financial on November 16, 2019 at Hansraj College, Delhi University.
- Faculty Development programme on Financial Literacy by SEBI on March 23, 2017 at Hansraj College, Delhi University.
- Faculty Development programme on Econometric software –STATA on January 28, 2017 at Hansraj College, Delhi University.
- Faculty Development programme on Research Data Analysis Using EXCEL &SPSS on November 16, 2016 at Hansraj College, Delhi University.
- Workshop on Role of Liaison officer in colleges and DU at Rajadhani College, Delhi University held on 20.9.11.
- Orientation Workshop on ‘The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women,’ organized by Women’s Studies & Research Center, Banasthali University, on October 15-16, 2008
- Participated in the webinar on “Impact of covid-19 on the Indian Economy” Organized by Department Of Economics, Daulat Ram College, Delhi University, on 15th June, 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Understanding India’s Employment Problem” Organized by IQAC and Department Of Economics, Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University, on 11th June, 2020.
- Participated in the national webinar on “ Covid-19 and its impact on Education” Organized by Department Of Economics, Satyawati College, Delhi University, on 28th May 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Impact of covid caused lockdown for Indian Economy” Organized by IQAC and Department Of Economics, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, Delhi University, on 27th May, 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Corona Crises: Challenges and Opportunities in Teaching and Learning” by IQAC and Department Of Punjabi, Mata Sundari College for Women, Delhi University, on 26th May 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Role of ICC and Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Workman at Workplace” Organized by Internal Complaints Committee and IQAC of Hansraj College, Delhi University, on 22nd May 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Macro Policy Options: During and After Covid-19 Pandemic” Organized by Department Of Economics, Sri Guru Govind Singh College, Delhi University, on 20th May, 2020.
Attended the Workshops/Seminars/Conferences
- Attended seminar on “Demonetization and GST: Emerging Issues in Indian Economy” Organized by Department Of Economics, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University, on 12th February,2018.
External Examiner and Question Paper Setting
- External Evaluator Viva-voce of BA(H) Economics, Semester V, School of Economics, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh on18 &19 August 2015 .
- External Evaluator of viva-voce the course case based report of M.A Economics, School of Economics, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh on 8.11.2016
- External Evaluator of viva-voce of NTCC project final assessment of M.A Economics, School of Economics, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, on 06.03.2018.
- External Evaluator of viva-voce of Summer Internship report of M.A Economics, School of Economics, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh on 28.08.2018.
- External Evaluator of viva-voce of Dissertation of M.A Economics, School of Economics, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh on 7&8 May,2019.
- Board of Examiners for Question Paper for BA II semester Elementary Statistical Methods (2020) at Banasthali University, Rajasthan.
Membership or fellowship of professional / Academic bodies, Societies etc.
1. Indian Society for Labor Economics, New Delhi 18.4.2011
2. Indian Economic Association, 4.8.2012
3. Rajasthan Economic Association, Jaipur 22.02.2017