Dr Hema Kapur
Associate Professor | Department of Economics
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : hm[dot]kapur[at]gmail[dot]com
Money and Banking
Microeconomic Theory and Applications
- Ph.D. , , Delhi School of Economics
- M.Phil. Economics , , Delhi School of Economics
- M.A. Economics , , Delhi School of Economics
- B.A.Hons. Economics , , Shri Ram College of Commerce
Over twenty seven years of experience in teaching, economic research and analytical issues pertaining to Indian economy in international perspective. Various subjects taught over the years cover Microeconomic and Macroeconomic theory and their applied analysis, Indian Economy, Money and Banking- theory and policy implications in context of Indian economy in particular and developing economies in general. Areas of specialization are Money and Banking, Macroeconomic Policies and Development and related Financial sector reforms in India as an evolving and dynamic economy. Has carried research relating to Macroeconomy wide Financial sector Stability issues - conducting simulation experiments based on an Structural Macro Econometric Model of India and using that model for the Stress Testing of Non-Performing Assets in the Indian Banking Sector both at an aggregative and disaggregative level. The final empirical findings were used to assess Resilience of the Indian Banks. Also have presented research papers in international conferences and participated in many of faculty development programs, workshops, conferences. Has been head of the Economics Department twice and held many key administrative positions in college over the years till date.
Microeconomic Theory and Applications
Money and Banking
Money and Financial Markets
- Served as Deputy Superintendent for Examination in Hansraj College in December 2019.
- Served as Teacher-in-Charge in the Economics Department in 2001-02 and 2008-09.
- Served as Teacher-in-Charge for Foreign Languages in 2008-09 and 2009-10 for two years.
- Served as Teacher-in-Charge for Non-Collegiate Women Education Board, Hansraj College, in 2011-12.
- Served as Staff Advisor to the Economics society in 2001-02, 2003-04 and 2005-06.
- Served as Member of the Canteen committee in 1999-2000, 2001-02, 2008-09.
- Served as Member of the Hostel committee in 2001-2002 and 2008-09.
- Served as Member of the Library Committee in2001-2002 and 2008-09.
- Served as Member of the Grievance Committee for non-teaching Staff in 2003-2004.
- Served as Member of the Finance Committee in 1998 and 2008-09.
- Served as Member of the Prize Distribution Committee in 2004.
MACROECONOMIC MODELLING AND STRESS TESTING FOR INDIA - Ph.D. Thesis
Authored Four Books published with ISBN/ISSN numbers given below:
- ISBN 81-8985515-8: MICRO ECONOMIC THEORY and APPLICATIONS- Part I.
- ISBN 81-924901-05-01:: MICRO ECONOMICS II.
- ISBN 978-81-89855-12-3 : PRINCIPLES OF MICRO ECONOMICS-B.A.PROGRAMME.
- ISBN: 81-89855-07-7: PRINCIPLES OF MICRO ECONOMICS. B.COM. PROGRAMME
H-87, LALITA PARK,
Chapters in Book:
- Dua, P. and H. Kapur (2015), “A Strucural Macroeconometric Model For India’’, paper accepted for publication as a chapter in a book yet to be published by Oxford University Press.
- Written three chapters in Economics text book (2005) for Secondary stage of the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) on the following:
- Saving in Banks and Post Offices
- Saving and Insurance
1. Dua, P. and H. Kapur (2017), “Macro Stress Testing of Indian Bank Groups”, Margin — The Journal of Applied Economic Research, 11 : 4 (2017): 375–403
2. Dua, P. and H. Kapur (2018), “Macro Stress Testing and Resilience Assessment of Indian Banking’’, Journal of Policy Modeling, Volume 40, Issue 2, March–April 2018, 452-475
3. H. Kapur (2014), A Book Review of 'The Global Crisis and the Indian Economy' by B.L. Pandit is published in 'Indian Economic Review', July-December 2014, vol. XLIX, No. 2, ISSN 0019-4670
Presented 3 papers in International Conferences:
- ‘A Structural Macroeconometric Model for India’ at JNU, organized by EXIM Bank and JNU Library, CESP, on 12.2.15.
- 'Macro-Stress Testing and Resilience Assessment of Indian Banking' in the Winter School 2015 organised by the Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics during 14--16 December 2015.
- 'Macro-Stress Testing of Indian Bankin Groups' in the Winter School 2016, organised by the Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics during 12--15 December 2016.
- Workshop on INFORMATION LITERACY & COMPETENCY orgainised by Delhi University Library System, University of Delhi on December 5, 2014.
- Two-day Conference on ‘Indian Economy Issues and Perspectives’ organized by the Department of Economics, University of Delhi, December 23 and 24, 2013.
- Participation in Faculty Development Programs:
- FDP-STATA, oragnised by the Department of Economics, Hans Raj College in collaboration with IQAC on January 28, 2017.
- FDP-Financial Literacy, oragnised by the Department of Economics, Hans Raj College in collaboration with IQAC on March 23, 2017.
- FDP- on “Applications of Mathematics in Business and Social Sciences” (18th March-24th March, 2021) organised by Department of Mathematics and IQAC, Miranda House, University of Delhi in collaboration with Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
- FDP- on “Roadmap for Building New India with New Education Policy” (21st July-25th July, 2021) organised by IQAC, Hansraj College, University of Delhi in collaboration with Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
Participation in e-Webinars:
- One Day National Webinar on Changing methods of working and technology held on May 27, 2020 organised by Hansraj College, University of Delhi
- Three Day International Webinar on “Shift in Paradigm: Online Education” (09th – 11th June, 2020) organised by Zakir Husain Delhi College, University of Delhi in collaboration with Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
- One day National Webinar “LINKEDIN-A Goldmine of Global Opportunities- How to Leverage it to get what you want” on June 27th, 2020 Organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell & Training Cell of DAV Institute of Management, Faridabad (Managed by DAV College Managing Committee, New Delhi)
Curriculum Restructuring, Syllabus Development and Examinership:
- Member of Board of Curriculum Development, Coordinator / Member of Subcommittee for papers 'Money and Financial Markets' and 'Money and Banking' at the Delhi School of Economics, Department of Economics (since 1993 till date).
- Convener for Examination of Money and Financial Market paper for many years.
- Member of Board of Curriculum Development in the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.
- Paper Setter/ Examiner for Company Secretaries Examinations of ‘The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’ (A Statutory Body under an Act of Parliament).for many years.
- Paper Setter/ Examiner/ Head Examiner for various papers in the University of Delhi for undergraduate courses (since 1993 till date).