Dr Ishwar Singh
Assistant Professor | Department of Botany
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : ishwarsingh[at]hrc[dot]du[dot]ac[dot]in
- PhD , 2002 , University of Delhi
- MSc , 1997 , University of Delhi
- BSc , 1995 , University of Delhi
- LLB , 2010 , CCS University
- Assistant Professor, Department of Botany, Hansraj College, University of Delhi (July 2009 – Continuing till Date).
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Botany, M. B. (PG) College, Dadri, CCS University, Meerut (April 2005 – July 2009).
- Lecturer, Department of Botany, M. B. (PG) College, Dadri, CCS University, Meerut (April 2001 – April 2005).
- cell biology
one (under supervision)
- Convener, Grievance Committee (2019-20, 2020-21)
- Teacher-in-charge, Department of Botany (2017-18)
- Convener, Admission Committee, Sciences (2017-18)
- Convener, Development Fund Committee (2015-16)
- Deputy Superintendent, Theory Examination (2015).
- Teacher-in-charge, Library, Department of Botany (2015-16)
- Member, Development Fund Committee (2014-15, 2013-2014)
- Teacher-in-charge, Store and purchase, Department of Botany (2014-15, 2013-2014)
- Teacher-in-charge, Museum, Department of Botany (2012-13, 2011-2012)
Biological control of Aspergillus flavus and aflatoxins: A comparative study of toxigenic and non- toxigenic strains
- Research Project on Morphological characterization of aflatoxin-producing and non-producing strains of Aspergillus flavus funded by UGC, New Delhi (2007-09).
- Research Project under Raman Fellowship Grant on Identifying species in the genus Microcyclosporella: A key step toward better management of the sooty blotch and flyspeck fungal disease complex of apple in US and India funded by UGC, New Delhi (2014-15).
- Research Project on Study of germicidal properties of fumes generated in havan (Yagya) in order to assess potentiality of havan in curing some infectious and air borne diseases funded by Research Council, University of Delhi, Delhi (2015-16)
- Singh VP, Gupta S, Singh I, Gupta R (1998) Prevention, elimination and detoxification of aflatoxins - an overview. Ind J Aerobiol 11:6-15 (ISSN No. 0971-1546)
- Singh I, Singh VP (2000) Antifungal properties of aqueous and organic solution extracts of seed plants in Aspergillus flavus and A. niger. Phytomorphology 50:151-157 (ISSN No. 0031-9449)
- Singh I, Singh VP (2002) Comparative studies on growth patterns and metabolic status of aflatoxin-producing and non-producing strains of Aspergillus flavus. Curr Sci 82:1425-1426 (ISSN No. 0011-3891)
- Singh I, Singh VP (2003) A report on Strain- specific and toxigenicity- associated blastospore formation in Aspergillus flavus. Phytomorphology 53: 331-333. (ISSN No. 0031-9449)
- Singh I, Singh VP (2005) Effects of plant extracts on mycelial growth and aflatoxin production by Aspergillus flavus. Indian J microbiol 45: 139-142. (ISSN No. 0046-8991)
- Kumar R, Singh I, Singh VP (2005) Degradation of aflatoxins by peroxidase isoenzymes of toxigenic and non-toxigenic strains of Aspergillus flavus at different temperatures. Phytomorphology 55:289-295. (ISSN No. 0031-9449)
- Singh I, Singh VP (2007) Phosphatases in aflatoxin- producing and non-producing strains of Aspergillus flavus Link. Curr Sci 93: 1362-1363. (ISSN No. 0011-3891)
- Singh I, Singh VP (2012) Blastospore/chlamydospore as a potential character in identification of aflatoxin producing and non producing isolates of Aspergillus flavus VEGETOS 25: 361-366. (ISSN No. 0970-4078)
- Singh VP, Kumar R, Singh I and Srivastava S (2013) Microsome technology as a potential bioremediation option for health and environmental protection. J Environ Res Develop 8: 27-32. (ISSN No. 0973-6921)
- Singh I (2016) Nanotechnology: applications and risks in human-health sector. J Mat NanoSci 3(1): 17-19. (ISSN No. 2394-0867)
- Singh I (2017) Antimicrobials in higher plants: classification, mode of action and bioactivities. Chem. Bio. Lett. 4(1): 48-62. (ISSN No. 2347–9825)
- Singh VP, Singh L, Singh I, Kumar R (2006) Microbial degradation of hazardous dyes In: Current Concepts in Botany eds. Mukerji KG, Manhorachary C, I K International Publishing House, New Delhi, p. 273-285. (ISBN No. 81-88237-34-7)
- Singh I, Singh VP (2006) An update on mycotoxins: Methods of detection and management. In: Biotechnology and Biology of Plants. ed. Trivedi PC, Aavishkar Publishers, Jaipur, p. 280-304.( ISBN No. 8179101568)
- Singh I (2013) Organic evolution. E-lesson in Botany under FYUP. University of Delhi. Delhi https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Izh6GcIA_DWUFMQkg3Vng1ZUU/edit?pli=1 (ISBN No. 978-81-931455-6-2)
- Singh I (2013) Biological classification. E-lesson in Botany under FYUP. University of Delhi. Delhi https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Izh6GcIA_Dc2dyV1VKbXpwd1U/edit?pli=1 (ISBN No. 978-81-931455-6-2)
- Singh I (2016) Crude extract preparation and its screening for various groups of phytochemicals. Workshop Manual on Ethnobotany, Hansraj College, September 16-17. Pp. 14-24. http://vle.du.ac.in/file.php/548/Ethnobotany_Manual_14th_September_2016.pdf
- Thakur P, Singh I (2017) An overview of various threats to biotic-pollination in flowering plants. In: Advances in Life Sciences. eds. Dutt S, Tyagi A, Bhati HP, Singh H, SR Scientific Publictions, Agra, p.240-255. (ISBN No. 978-93-83774-28-9)
- Singh I, Giri B (2017) Arbuscular mycorrhiza mediated control of plant pathogens. In: Mycorrhiza - Nutrient Uptake, Biocontrol, Ecorestoration. eds. Verma A et al. Springer International Publishing AG 2017 p- 131-160.
- Thakur P and Singh I (2018) Biocontrol of soilborne root pathogens: an overview. In: Root Biology, Soil Biology. Springer pp. 181-220. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75910-4_7
- Thomas L and Singh I (2019) Microbial Biofertilizers: Types and Applications In: Biofertilizers for Sustainable Agriculture and Environment, Soil Biology. Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-18933-4_1
- Dedha IS (2001) Plight of education. Gyan Jyoti 2: 78-80.
- Dedha IS (2002) A report on the mangrove forest of Pichavaram, Tamil Nadu. Gyan Jyoti 3: 37-39.
- Singh I (2003-05) National integration: A holistic approach. Gyan Jyoti 4-5: 44-47.
- Singh I (2006) The challenging prions. Gyan Jyoti 6: 37-38.
- Singh I (2007) Blindness and its major causes in India. Gyan Jyoti 7: 19-21.
- Singh I (2008) Role of higher education in India, present scenario. Gyan Jyoti 8-9: 21-25.
- Dedha IS (2010) Yuva varg ki duvidha. Yuva Pravaha 1: 15-16.
- National symposium on microbes in plant improvement and environmental protection. Department of Botany, University of Delhi, December 23-24, 1997.
- National symposium on sustainable aquaculture. New Delhi, Feb 20-21, 1998.
- National symposium on resent advances in respiratory mycoses. VP chest institute, University of Delhi, October 29-30, 1998.
- Golden jubilee symposium on biotechnological innovation in conservation and analysis of plant diversity. Department of Botany, University of Delhi, February 7 – 9, 2001.
- 45th Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI). NDRI, Karnal, November 23-25, 2004.
- National seminar on genetically modified organisms – Safety aspects. INSA, New Delhi, March 10-11, 2005.
- International conference of microbial diversity: current perspectives and potential applications. New Delhi, April 16-18, 2005.
- National symposium on biology in the service of mankind in post- genomic era. Meerut, November 18, 2005.
- Conference on new developments in rapeseed- mustard, University of Delhi, Delhi, January 21, 2006.
- Training programme on web management & Linux applications in Bioinformatics. Biotech Park, Lucknow, February 8-9, 2006.
- An international conference on challenging and emerging dimensions in medicinal/herbal plants and their products: A global perspective. Chennai Trade Centre, Chennai, November 26-28, 2010.
- Workshop on evaluation methodology. CPDHE, University of Delhi, Delhi, November 8-10, 2012.
- Workshop on role of technical terminology in higher education, organized by Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology, MHRD, New Delhi, Hansraj College, University of Delhi, Delhi, July 23-24, 2015.
- Workshop on DNA fingerprinting. Hindu College, University of Delhi, Delhi, January 22, 2016.
- Indo-Portuguese workshop on emerging trends of nanotechnology in chemistry and biology, University of Delhi, Delhi, February 12-13, 2016.
- Workshop on promoting quality learning in science at upper primary level in scheduled tribes dominated districts of Chhattisgarh: a framework. NIE, NCERT, New Delhi, November 03-11, 2016.
- FDP on financial literacy. Hansraj College, Delhi, March 23, 2017.
- National conference on technological empowerment of women. Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi, March 8-9, 2018.
- Workshop on mapping of QR codes in textbook of biology class XI with e-content. NIE, NCERT, New Delhi, March 11-13, 2019.
Honors and Awards:
- Stood first in order of merit in the college during B. Sc. (H) course (1992 -95).
- Awarded National Fellowship for M. Sc. Course (1995-1997).
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Ph. D. (1997-1999).
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) for Ph. D. (2000-2001).
- UGC Research Award (2013)
- Raman Research Fellowship (2014-15)