Dr Shailendra Kumar Singh
Assistant Professor | Department of Chemistry
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : sk_corrosion[at]yahoo[dot]com
- BSc , 1992 , Purvanchal University
- MSc , 1996 , Purvanchal University
- PhD , 2002 , BHU
Lecturer in Chemistry: UP Autonomous College Varanasi Teaching at UG & PG level 17-02-2003 to 31-10-2004
Lecturer in Chemistry: UP Autonomous College Varanasi: Teaching at UG & PG level 01-11-2004 to 19-11-2005
Research Associate (Physical): University of Delhi: Teaching at PG level 21-11-2005 to 16-10-2009
Assistant Professor (Adhoc): Deshbandhu College, DU: Teaching at UG level 16-10-2009 to17-11-2009
Assistant Professor (Adhoc): Ramjas College, DU: Teaching at UG level: 18-11-2009 to 02-05-2013
Assistant Professor (Adhoc): PGDAV Eve College, DU: Teaching at UG level: 30-11-2013 to 21-07-2014
Assistant Professor (Adhoc): Hans Raj College, DU: Teaching at UG level 31-07-2014 to 07-12-2014
Assistant Professor: Hans Raj College, DU: Teaching at UG level: 15-12-2014 to Till Date
BSc Program and BSc (H): Chemistry:
UG Level: Environmental Science, Science and Life
Post Graduation Level: Physical Chemistry
Dy. co-ordinator of theory examination and evaluation center
THESIS TITLE: CORROSION OF MILD STEEL IN ACETIC FORMIC ACID MIXTURES
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
- Influence of formic acid addition on the electrochemical behavior of mild steel in glacial acetic acid. S.K. Singh, A. K. Mukherjee and M. M. Singh. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, 15, January 2008, 68-71
- Corrosion characteristics of mild steel in aqueous solution of formic acid containing some acetic acid S.K. Singh, A. K. Mukherjee and M. M. Singh. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, 15, March 2008, 174-179.
- Corrosion behavior of mild steel in aqueous acetic acid containing different amounts of formic acid. S. K. Singh, A.K.Mukherjee and M. M. Singh. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology.,18, July 2011, 291-30.
- Corrosion behavior of mild steel in aqueous acetic acid solutions. S.K. Singh and A. K. Mukherjee J. Mater. Sci. Technol., 2010, 26(3), 264-269.
- Kinetics of corrosion of mild steel in aqueous formic acid solutions. S.K. Singh, A. K. Mukherjee and M. M. Singh Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly 2011 VOL 50 NO 2, 186-194.
- Removal of Cu (II) from aqueous solution using dead biomass of Bacillus Subtilis Kishor Kumar Singh, Shailendra Kumar Singh J. Integr Sci Technol 2016, 4(2), 41-45.
- Presented paper on “Corrosion behaviour of mild steel in formic acid solution” in National Conference on Chemistry in the Development of Newer Materials held during February 23-24, 2004 at Department of Chemistry, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- Presented paper entitled In-vitro cytotoxicity of novel polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons against Hep 3B and IMR 32 human cell lines in International conference on interface between chemistry and environment (ICICE) held at Ramjas college, University of Delhi During 13-14 Dec, 2012
- Presented a paper entitled Inhibitive action of acetic acid in corrosion of mild steel in aqueous mixture of formic and acetic acids in the national Seminar Emerging Trends in Life Sciences: Biodiversity, Biotechnology and environmental conservation held at Govt P.G. College Obra during March 15-16 2015.
- Presented a paper in national Seminar on “Role of analytical Sciences in Sustainable Development” entitled Cu (II) Removal from waste water by Bacillus subtilis held at Hansraj College, University of Delhi during March 4-5 2016.
- Presented paper on “Adsorption of Zinc and Lead using Fibers of Cocos Nucifera” National Workshop on “Renewable Energy & Environment” held on 28th – 29th Jan. 2011 at Conference Center and Ramjas College, University of Delhi, Delhi.