Dr Monica Dinodia
Assistant Professor (Stage-III), Academic level-12 | Department of Chemistry
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : monicadinodia[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]in
- Ph.D. (Chemistry) , 2009 , IIT ROORKEE
- M.Sc. (Honours School) in Chemistry , 2002 , Panjab University, Chandigarh
- B.Sc. (Pass) , 1999 , MDU, Rohtak
10.9 years teaching at Hansraj College (from 27/12/2010-till now)
1.5 yrs teaching at Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, U.P
- B. Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
Biomolecules, N containing functional groups, Polynuclear hydrocarbons, Oxygen Containing functional groups, Spectroscopy, Carboxylic acids and their derivatives, Carbonyl compounds, halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, phenols, ethers and epoxides, alkaloids, terpenes, heterocyclic compounds. Green methods in chemistry, Analytical clinical Biochemistry.
2. B.Sc Programme Life Sciences and B.Sc Programme Physical Sciences
Carbohydrates, Amino acids and proteins, Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
3. M. Sc. (Industrial chemistry at Amity University)
- Member; Canteen Committee, 2014-15, 2015-16
- Member; Environment Awareness Committee, 2016-17, 2017-18
- Member; Gardeen Committee, 2016-17, 2017-18
- Representative Member from the department for Library Committee, 2016-17
- Admission in charge for admission of BSc(H) Chemistry and MSc. 2017-18
- Convenor of Science admissions, 2018-19
- Teacher in Charge of Chemistry Department, 2018-19.
- Superintendent Chemistry practical exam April-May 2018 and November-December 2018
- Dept chemical society(member) 2019-20.
- Dept Lab staff society(member) 2019-20.
- Staff Council Gardeen Committee (Member) 2019-20.
- Dept Apparatus store (member) 2020-21.
- Dept Library (member) 2020-21.
Synthesis of some heterocyclic compounds and their biological evaluation, 2004(registered), Nov 2009 (awarded)
Research papers published in Refereed/ Peer Reviewed Journals:
1) Synthesis, anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity evaluation of some amidine and hydrazone derivatives. Sondhi Sham M; Dinodia Monica; Kumar Ashok Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT R), UA. Bioorganic & medicinal chemistry 14(13), 4657-63,(2006).
2) One pot synthesis of pyrimidine and bispyrimidine derivatives and their evaluation for anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities. Sham M. Sondhi, Shubhi Jain, Monica Dinodia, Rakesh Shukla and Ram Raghubir. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, Volume 15, Issue 10, Pages 3334-3344, 15 May 2007.
3) Synthesis of biologically active N-methyl derivatives of amidines and cyclized five-membered products of amidines with oxalyl chloride. Sham M. Sondhi, Monica Dinodia, Shubhi Jain and Ashok Kumar. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry Volume 43, Issue 12, Pages 2824-2830, 2007.
4) Heterocyclic compounds as anti-inflammatory agents. Sondhi, Sham M.; Dinodia, Monica; Singh, Jaiveer; Rani, Reshma. Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India. Current Bioactive Compounds (2007), 3(2), 91-108.
5) Synthesis of physiologically important quinoxaline derivatives using conventional method and microwave irradiation. Bhattacharjee, G.; Sondhi, S. M.; Dinodia, Monica; Mishra, Sushanta K. Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology (2008), 15(1), 72-74.
6) Synthesis of some thiophene, imidazole and pyridine derivatives exhibiting good anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities. Sondhi, Sham M.; Jain, Shubhi; Dinodia, Monica; Kumar, Ashok. Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT R), Roorkee, India. Medicinal Chemistry (2008), 4(2), 146-154.
7) Synthesis, anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity evaluation of some pyrimidine derivatives. S. M. Sondhi*, Monica Dinodia, Rakesh Shukla and Ram Raghubir. IJCB Vol.48B(2) [February 2009] 273-281.
8) Synthesis of biologically active novel bis Schiff bases, bis hydrazone and bis guanidine derivatives. S. M. Sondhi*, Monica Dinodia, Shubhi Jain and Ashok Kumar. IJC-B Vol.48B(08) [August 2009], 1128-1136.
- Microwave assisted synthesis and biological evaluation of some heterocyclic Hydrazones and Bis Schiff Base. S. M. Sondhi* and Monica Dinodia. Souvenir: National Conference on Modern Trends in Chemical Science and Technology held at DAV College Jallandhar (Punjab) 15-17 Oct. 2005. P.20 (2005).
- Second International Conference on Heterocyclic Chemistry Held at Department of Chemistry, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India from 16th-19th December 2006.
- Member of Organizing Committee for 1st International Conference on Integrative Chemistry. Biology and Translational Medicine organized by Center of Global Health, Hansraj College, University of Delhi & Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, USA from 25-26 February 2019.
- Member of organizing committee in National conference on New Frontiers on Biosensing held on April3 2021, organized by Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College, DU, Delhi
- Participated in Tools for exploring chemistry (online workshop) organized by Department of chemistry, Rajdhani college, DU, Delhi on 12-13 July 2021.
- Participated in Laboratory Safety measures and chemical waste management for Ecological and Environmental shield (online national workshop) on 16 April 2021 organized by Department of chemistry, Rajdhani college, DU, Delhi.
- Participated in 1 Day National workshop on ICT tools for chemistry teachers (online) organized by GAD-TLC, SGTB Khalsa College, DU, Delhi under the PMMMNMTT held on 22 Feb, 2021
- One day author Workshop conducted by Vivekananda library in association with Elsevier held at radhakrishnan auditorium at MDU Rohtak on 18 Nov 2016.
- Indo-Portuguese workshop on Emerging Trends of Nanotechnology in Chemistry and Biology (INCB-2016)organized by Department of Chemistry Hansraj College and Deshbandu College, University of Delhi, India in association with CQM, University of Madeira, Portugal held on 12-13 February, 2016.
- Two days’ National Workshop on ‘Role of Scientific and Technical Terminology in Higher Education by Commision for Scientific & Technical Terminology, MHRD at Hansraj College, July 2015.
- DBT sponsored workshop on Relevance of Experimental Chemistry to Biotechnology March 12-13, 2014 at Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Workshop on project funding and Technical consulting (for startups and researchers) held at Amity School of Engineering and Technology in collaboration with Amity Innovation Incubator on 30th May, 2009.
- Bruker-AXS, Germany sponsored 2 days National workshop on Techniques and challenges for Structure solution in Chemical Cyrstallography organized by Department of Chemistry IIT Roorkee from Aug 31-Sep 1 2007.
- Participated in 2 days National seminar: Reshaping education during Pandemic held from 13-14 July 2021(online) organized by Vidya Vistar and Gyan setu committee of hansraj college in collaboration with Govt College Yachuli (Arunachal pradesh)
- Member of the Organizing Committee at the National Seminar on "Environment and Sustainability in The Third World" organized by Department of Chemistry & IQAC, Hansraj College, University of Delhi held on 28 February 2020.
- National seminar on Role of Analytical Sciences in Sustainable Development held on March 4-5, 2016 at Hansraj College, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- National seminar on Chemistry In Interdisciplinary Applications organized by Department of Chemistry Hansraj College, University of Delhi on March 19th, 2013.
1. Participated and completed the Online National Webinar entitled "Teacher's e-Kit: A Four Quadrant Approach for Development of OERs for Higher Education" organized by Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre, SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi under the Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT) of Ministry of Education on 9th September 2021.
2. Participated in webinar on “Winning the game of publishing research papers, raising your profile, and extending the impact of your publications” held on Sep 7, 2021 and organized by Wiley.
3. Participated in one day International Science Webinar entitled "Chemistry For Sustainable Human Life - Essentials of New Education Policy" held on July 28th 2021, organised by RAMJAS COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OF DELHI.
4. Participated in One day Webinar on "Strengthening the immune system through Naturopathy" held on May 6, 2020 organized by Department of Botany and Internal Quality Assurance cell, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
5. Participated in One day webinar on Role of ICC and Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Workmen at Workplace on May 22, 2020.
6. Participated in the International Webinar on “Gut microbiota and host: the fight for iron” organised by Shrishti Chetna, Department of Zoology, Hansraj College, University of Delhi on 1st August 2020.
- Successfully completed One Week (Online) Interdisciplinary Faculty Development Programme on ‘Creation and development of MOOCs while managing online classes’ (24th August – 31st August 2021) organised by Keshav Mahavidyalaya, University of Delhi in collaboration with Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Centre Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
- Participated in One week (online) interdisciplinary faculty development programme on Basics of Research organized by MHFDC, Hansraj College, DU in collaboration with PARAMARSH UGC Scheme from June 18 to June 24, 2021.
- Successfully completed the ARPIT Course for Career Advancement Scheme(CAS) promotion Online Refresher Course In Chemistry For Higher Education with a "A" Grade in the proctored examination held on 16.02.2020 Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College,University of Delhi.
- Successfully completed the ARPIT Course for Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) promotion Online Refresher Course in Chemistry for Higher Education Faculty with a "A" Grade in the proctored examination held on 30.03.2019 Offered by Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, Delhi.
- Participated in 2 weeks FDP on Bhasha, Sahitya, Media aur Paryavaran from 10/12/2018 to 23/12/2018 organized by MHFDC, organized by Hansraj College, University of Delhi and Faculty of Arts, University of Delhi.
- Participated in 3 weeks UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Contemporary studies from 7 June 2016 to 27 June 2016 organized by HRDC-CPDHE, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Participated in 4 weeks UGC Sponsored Orientation Programme (OR-75) from Oct 5-15, Nov 9-19, 2013 and Dec 14-20, 2013 organized by CPDHE, University of Delhi, Delhi.