Dr Shivani Agarwal
Assistant Professor | Department of Physics
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : shivani[at]hrc[dot]du[dot]ac[dot]in
- B.A.Sc. (H) Electronics , 2001 , Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences, iversity of Delhi
- M.Sc. (Physics) , 2004 , Department of Physics, IIT Roorkee
- Ph.D. , 2014 , Department of Physics & Astrophysics, University of Delhi
Nine years of undergraduate teaching experience.
- Electricity & Magnetism
- Circuit Theory & Network Analysis
- Analog Systems & Applications
- Atomic & Molecular Physics
- Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
- Digital Electronics
- Semiconductor Theory
- Fabrication and Characterization of Semiconductor Devices
- Basic Instrumentaion Skills
- C++ & Microprocessors
- Worked as Content Developer and Designer for the Annual Festival, Antardhvani-2014 organized by University of Delhi
- Coordinator of Enabling Unit of Hansraj College in sessions 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
Study of Multiferroic Ceramics and Thin Films
- Supervised students from B.Tech. (Electronics) in the project entitling “Envisioning Efficient Roads: Versatile Traffic Control System” in the academic session 2016-17 at Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
- Supervised ten students from B.Sc. (H) Physics and B. Sc.(H) Botany in Innovation Project (HRC-302) entitling “Development of a Mobile Based Application for the Real Time Localization and Identification of Flora in North Campus, University of Delhi”, in the academic session 2015-16 at Hansraj College, University of Delhi. The project was funded by the Research Council, University of Delhi. During the project we were able to launch a fully functional Android based App "Tree Locator" successfully.
- “Magnetoelectric effects in [BaTiO3]1-x-[CoFe2O4]x bulk composites”, Shivani Agarwal, O. F. Caltun & K. Sreenivas, Solid State Communications .
International Conference Attended:
- “Structural and dielectric properties of pulse laser deposited BaTiO3 – CoFe2O4 multiferroic composite thin films”, Shivani Agarwal, K. Sreenivas and Vinay Gupta, International Conference on Nano and Microelectronics, ICONAME – 08, Jan 03 – Jan 05, 2008, Pondicherry, Pudducherry (Oral Presentation)
- Indo – Australian Symposium on Multifunctional Nanomaterials Nanaostructures and Applications (MNNA 2007), Dec. 19 – Dec.21, 2007, Department of Physics & Astrophysics, University of Delhi, Delhi - 110007
- “Synthesis of (BaTiO3)x – (CoFe2O4)1-x multiferroic ceramics”, Shivani Agarwal, K. Sreenivas and Vinay Gupta, National Seminar on Electroceramics, NSE 07, Nov 05 – Nov 06, 2007, Sonepat, Haryana (Oral Presentation)
- “Preparation and studies on (BaTiO3)x – (CoFe2O4)1-x (x= 0 to 1) Magnetoelectric ceramic composites”, Shivani Agarwal, Vinay Gupta and K. Sreenivas, 2 nd ISSS National Conference on MEMS; Microsensors, Smart Materials, Structures and Systems, Nov 16 – Nov 17, 2007, CEERI, Pilani (Poster Presentation)
Lectures and FDPs:
Participated in DBT Sponsored Faculty Development Workshop on “Embedded Systems and Synthesis of Nanomaterials” dated January 6-7, 2017 at Department of Physics & Electronics, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
Attended the Faculty Development Programme on MATLAB dated October 4, 2016 at Department of Physics & Electronics, Hansraj College, University of Delhi
- Served as RESOURCE PERSON in the DBT Sponsored Workshop on “Integrating ICT in Teaching and Learning” dated December 11-18, 2015 at Department of Physics & Electronics, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
Workshops and Seminars:
- Attended workshop on “Functional Analysis and Troubleshooting of Electronic Devices for Biotechnology and Biomedical Applications” dated March 12-14, 2014 at Dept. of Physics & Electronics, Hansraj College, University of Delhi
- Attended workshop on “Fluorescence Studies of Organic Structures” dated September 26-27, 2014 at Dept of Physics & Electronics, Hansraj College, University of Delhi
- Attended DBT sponsored workshop on “Characterization of materials by X-ray Diffraction”dated February 23-24, 2016 at Dept. of Physics and Electronics, Hansraj College, University of Delhi
- Attended DBT-sponsored seminar on “Physics of Stars” dated April 1, 2016 at Dept. of Physics & Electronics, Hansraj college, University of Delhi
- Partictipated in Seminar cum Workshop on “Quantum Entanglement and the EPR paradox” and “Computer Interfaced Science Experiments using EXPEYES” dated March 30, 2017 at Department of Physics & Electronics, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.