Dr Chetna Gupta
Assistant Professor | Department of Chemistry
Contact (Off.): +91-11-27667458
Email Address : drchetnagupta18[at]gmail[dot]com
- B.Sc (H) Chemistry , 2004 , Hindu College, University of Delhi
- M.Sc Chemistry , 2006 , Hindu College, University of Delhi
- Ph.D (Green Chemistry) , 2011 , Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi
• University Teaching Assistant (May 29, 2007 – August 6, 2009) – Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, New Delhi – 110007, India
• Assistant Professor (adhoc) (August 7, 2009 – December 20, 2010) – Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
• Guest Lecturer in Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi for July-Nov’09 and July-Nov’2010 for MTech. in Chemical Synthesis and Process Technology.
• Assistant Professor (December 21, 2010 – till date) – Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Organometallic Compounds, Bio-inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry.
- Member of admission committee, 2011-12
- Member of Hostel Committee, 2011-12
- Member of Apparatus committee of Department, 2011-12
- Member of Election Committee, 2012.
- Member of Instrumentation committee of Department, 2012-13
- Member of Hansraj College Students’ Union advisory Committee, 2013.
- Executive member Hansraj College teachers’ co-op thrift and credit society ltd., 2012-15.
- Member of Environmental Awareness Committee (2015-16)
- Member of Equal Opportunity Cell Committee (2015-16) • Convener of Instrumentation committee of Department, 2015-16
- Member of Instrumentation committee of Department, 2016-17
- Member of admission committee, 2016-17.
- Superintendent Theory Examinations May-June 2017.
- Superintendent Practical Examinations November 2017.
- Department coordinator, INSPIRE program, 12-16 December 2017.
Synthesis, characterization and applications of silica immobilized metal complexes as sustainable heterogeneous catalysts for oxidative bromination, esterification and condensation reactions. September 2006 (Registered), February 2011 (Awarded)
Research Projects that have been awarded under Innovation Projects Schemes, 2015-16. HRC 312: “Synthesis of drug doped silica nanoparticles for bioimaging and therapeutic applications” Dr Chetna Gupta, Dr Parul Pant, Dr Farhat Jahan. (Completed)
• Article: Green Chemistry for a sustainable future. R.K. Sharma, Anju Srivastava, Chetna Sharma.
“Oxidative bromination reaction using Cu2+-perfluorophthalocyanine-immobilized silica gel catalyst under mild reaction conditions” R. K. Sharma, Chetna Sharma, Tetrahedron Letters, 2010, 51, 4415-4418. •
“A highly efficient synthesis of oxindoles using a functionalized silica gel as support for Indium(III) acetylacetonate catalyst in an aqueous- acetonitrile medium” R. K. Sharma and Chetna Sharma, J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem, 2010, 332, 53-58.
“Zirconum(IV)-modified silica gel: Preparation, characterization and catalytic activity in the synthesis of some biologically important molecules” R. K. Sharma and Chetna Sharma, Catal. Commun., 2011, 12, 327-331.
Solventless and One-pot Synthesis of Cu(II) phthalocyanine-green chemistry experiment” R. K. Sharma, Chetna Sharma and I. T. Sidhwani, J. Chem. Educ., 2011, 88, 86-87.
Efficient oxidative methyl esterification of aldehydes by silica-supported manganese complex: Clean and recyclable catalyst” R. K. Sharma and Chetna Sharma, J. Macro. Sci. Part A, 2011, 48, 1-9.
“An efficient and one-pot synthesis of polysubstituted imidazoles catalyzed by BiCl3” R. K. Sharma, Chetna Sharma and Prerna, Ind. J. Chem., 2012, 51B, 1489-1493.
“Comparative study of antibacterial activity of standard antibiotic with silver nanoparticles synthesized using ocium tenuiflorum and garcinia mangostana leaves” Nikesh Gupta, Chetna Gupta, Sandeep Sharma, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, H.B. Bohidar, Chem. Bio. Lett., 2015, 2(2), 41-44.
"Magnetic Iron oxide Nanoparticles encapsulating horse radish peroxidase (HRP): Synthesis, Characterizations and Carrier for the generation of free radicals for potential applications in Cancer therapy" Nikesh Gupta, Chetna Gupta, Sandeep Sharma, Brijesh Rathi, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, H.B. Bohidar, RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 111099-111108.
Engineered magnetic nanoparticles as efficient sorbents for wastewater treatment: a review”, Nikesh Gupta, Parul Pant, Chetna Gupta, Puneet Goel, Astha Jain, Sakshi Anand, and Anuj Pundir, Materials Research Innovations, http:// dx.doi.org /10.1080 /14328917.2017.1334846.
Poster Presented on " Silica Nanoparticles Conjugated Curcumin: Synthesis And Physicochemical Characterizations" at INNOVATION CONCLAVE-2016 organized by ANDC, DU on 25-26 October, 2016 and secured second position.
Poster Presented on Visible Red-light laser irradiation mediated hyperthermia for Cancer treatment using Magnetite-Fe3O4 Nanoparticles at the 5th Nano Today Conference, 6th-10th December 2017, Hawaii, US.
INDO-PORTUGESE WORKSHOP ON “EMERGING TRENDS OF NANOTECHNOLOGY IN CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY”, 12-13 Feb, 2016.
NATIONAL SEMINAR ON “ROLE OF ANALYTICAL SCIENCES IN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT”, 4-5 March, 2016.
Acharya Narendra Dev College, DU; Innovation Conclave-2016 on 25-26 October, 2016
Indo-UK Scoping Workshop on Development of Rural Biorefineries in India: From Waste to Wealth, 20th Feb 2017
5th NANO TODAY CONFERENCE at Hawaii, US; 6th-10th December 2017.
National Workshop on Stress Management and Emotional Intelligence in Teaching- Learning Environment held at Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre, SGTB Khalsa College, DU on 21st Feb 2018.
- Lifetime member of Green Chemistry Network Centre
- Lifetime member of Indian Society of Analytical Scientists
- Member of Organizing Committee for Training Workshop on Green Chemistry Education: Necessity of a Sustainable Future organized by Royal Society of Chemistry, RSC, 2010
- Member of Executive organizing committee in Indo-Portugese Workshop on Emerging Trends of Nanotechnology in Chemistry and Biology (INCB), 2016.
- Member of Organizing committee in the National Seminar on Role of Analytical Sciences in Sustainable Development held at Hansraj College, 2016.
- Participated in UGC sponsored Orientation Programme organized by CPDHE, University of Delhi from 25th June 2012-21st July 2012.
- Participated in UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Chemistry organized by CPDHE, University of Delhi from 26th June 2015-16th July 2015.
- Participated in UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Contemporary Issues of the World organized by CPDHE from 27th November 2018- 17th December 2018.