Dr Sharma Bhanu Bhupendra
Associate Professor | Department of Philosophy
Contact (Off.): 9891451278
Email Address : bhanu_surya13[at]yahoo[dot]com
- INDIAN PHILOSOPHY
- MORAL PHILOSOPHY
- INDIAN EPICS
- MEDIA ETHICS
- M Phil, PhD. , 1993, 2003 , University of Delhi
More than 15 years of teaching experience.
- INDIAN PHILOSOPHY
- VEDIC VALUE SYSTEM
- YOGA PHILOSOPHY
- FORMAL LOGIC
- ETHICS IN PUBLIC DOMAIN
- ETHICAL DECISION MAKING
- CRITICAL THINKING AND DECISION MAKING
- ART AND FILM APPRICIATION
- WESTERN PHILOSOPHY
ONE STUDENT IS PURSUING Ph.D.
I) TEACHER-IN-CHARGE OF PHILOSOPHY DEPARTMENT: (2007-8), (2009-10), (2010-11),(2012-13 Officiating),( 2013-14), (2014-15), (2017-18), 2019 ONWARDS II) CONVENER OF SAMANAVYA-SOCIETY ,(2007-8),(2010-11),(2013-14),(2014-15), 2017 ONWARDS .
III) DEPUTY-SUPERINTENDENT EXAMINATION (2011-12).
iv) ADMISSION CONVENER ARTS AND COMMERCE (2012-13), (2019-2020).
v) MEMBER OF ADMISSION COMMITTEE (2007-8), ((2009-10),(2010-11), (2012 -13), (2013-14),(2014-15) , 2017 ONWARDS .
VI) ADMISSION IN CHARGE OF B.A.(PROG.) (2007-8), (2010-11), (2013-14), (2014- 15) ,(2017-2018,) (2018 ONWARDS.
VII) CONVENOR DRAMATICS SOCIETY OF HANSRAJ COLLEGE (2018-19).
VIII) MEMBER OF PUBLICATION COMMITTEE (2018-2019).
IX) MEMBER OF DEVELOPMENT FUND COMMITTEE (2016-17).
X) SECRETARY OF HANSRAJ STAFF ASSOCIATION (2014-15).
XI) MEMBER OF DEVELOPMENT FUND COMMITTEE (2019-20).
XII) CONVENER OF SPIC MACAY SOCIETY (2010-11).
XIII) CO-ORDINATOR IQAC (2017)
XIV) MEMBER OF UGCC DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY (2012-13)
XV) MEMBER OF LIBRARY COMMITTEE- (2007-8), (2010-11), (2013-14), (2014-15), (2016-17),( 2017-18), 2019 ONWARDS.
XVI) MEMBER OF HOSTEL COMMITTEE-(2007-08), (2009-10),(2010-11), (2013- 14),(2014-15), (2016-17),(2017-18),2019 ONWARDS.
XVIII) MEMBER ENACTUS COMMITTEE (2019-2020).
XVII) MEMBER ECA COMMITTEE (2020-2021).
XVIII) MEMBER OF STUDENT’S WELFARE SOCIETY (2020-2021).
XIX) MEMBER OF DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE (2007-8), (2009-10),(2010-11), (2012-13),(2013-14), (2014- 15),(2015-16),( 2017-18), 2019 ONWARDS.
XX) MEMBER OF WORKLOAD COMMITTEE :2007-8, 2009-10, 2010-11,2012-13, 2013-14, (2014-15), (2017-18), 2019 ONWARDS.
XXI) MEMBER OF PURCHASE COMMITTEE 2015-16, 2017-18, 2019 ONWARDS
- M.Phil ON NISKAMA KARMA : A PHILOSOPHICAL ANALYSIS
- Ph.D. ON RATIONALITY , MOTIVATION AND KARMA : A PHILOSOPHICAL INQUIRY
THE CONCEPTUAL ANALYSIS OF KARMA
THIS BOOK DECIPHERS HOW SELFLESS ACT i.e. NISKAMA KARMA IS IMPARATIVE FOR THE HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY OF THE SOCIETY . A PERSISTENT MOTIVATION IS REQUIRED FOR NISKAMA KARMA , WHICH HAS TO BE CALIBERATED AND GUIDED BY PHILOSOPHICAL RATIONALITY INCORPORATING FREEDOM OF WILL OF AN AGENT , ELUCIDATING THAT BY RATIONAL ACT ONE CAN ATTAIN, RETAIN INNER PEACE AND WELFARE OF THE SOCIETY. NISKAMA KARMA IS THE GAUGE AND REMEDY TO PREVENT THE MORAL AND SOCIAL DECLINE IN THE PRESENT WORLD.
- “Relevance of Japa-Yoga”in Journal PARIPREKSYA- Research Journal of New Thoughts 2017,Vol. XXV ISSN: 2278-0602, pp.91-95. UGC Journal No. 49272.
- ‘Does Religion Construe Dharma?’ in the Journal ANUSILANA- Research Journal of Indian Culture, Social and Philosophical Stream 2018 Vol. LXXX, ISSN: 0973-8762. UGC Journal No. 49319 .
- “The Need for Dana” in the Journal ANUSILANA- Research Journal of Indian Culture, Social and Philosophical Stream, 2017, Vol. LXXV ISSN: 0973-8762. UGC Journal No. 49319.
- ‘Philosophy in Schools’ in the Journal PARIPREKSYA- Research Journal of New Thoughts 2017, Vol. XXX ISSN: 2278-0602. UGC Journal No. 49272
- 'A Revist to the Custon of Dana in Hindu Culture ' in the Journal Vedanjali - International Peer Review Referred Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, Vol. 14, Part III , July - Dec. 2020, pp. 218 -222.
- 'Bhakti Yoga' in the Journal Shabdarnav - International Peer Review Referred Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, Vol.12. Part III, July - Dec. 2020, pp. 263- 266.
- Role of Renunciation in Asarma System in the Journal Shabdarnav - International Peer Review Referred Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, Vol.13. Part I, Jan. - June. 2021 pp. 249- 252.
- Attended 3 days International Conference on Restoring Culture of of Ethics & Values : The Holistic Education Way , 8Th -10Th February 2012, Organised by Centre for Ethics and Values, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi.
- Attended and chaired a session in National Seminar on Contemporary Indian Thinkers, 13th -15th March 2016 organized by Department of Philosophy, University of Delhi and ICPR.
- Presented paper on “CHARITY” in the National Conference, ‘Exploring the meeting grounds of moral, medical, legal aspects of social dilemmas in public interface” 21st to 23rd October 2016 organized by Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi , sponsored by ICPR.
- Presented paper on “Aaj Ke Yug Meh Gandhivad Ki Prasangita” in The National Conference on Vartman Paridrashya Aur Gandhi, 8th -9th November 2016 Organised by Hansraj College, University of Delhi
- Presented paper on “Ethical issues in Marketing“ in the National Conference on Emerging Issues in Commerce and Business Management,7th January 2017 Organized by Commerce Department of Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
- Attended National Seminar on ‘Contribution of Acharya Abhinavgupta’s Philosophy of Kashmir to the Overall Growth of Indian Thought’, on 19-20 Jan.2017, organized by Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi. Presented paper on “Yoga: A Blissful Recipe” in the National Conference ‘Holistic Yoga: H3 (Health, Happiness and Harmony)’ 10th – 11th November 2017 organized by Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi.
- Chaired and attended National Seminar on Gender Sensitization ‘Women, Gender and Patriarchy : Exploring the Margins’, on 15-17 October 2018,Organized by ICPR and Department of Philosophy, University of Delhi , also as an observer in a first plenary session on Oct 16th October 2018.
- Presented paper on “Dharma in Indian Perspective” in the National Conference on Revitalization of Indian Philosophy: Decolonization of Indian Mind,13-14 October 2018, Organized by ICPR and Prajna Pravah.
- Presented a paper on: ‘Contribution of Northeast in making of India’ in the International Conference titled: ‘North East India: Exploring Philosophy, Culture and Environmental Sustainability’ during 10th and 11th January 2019, organised by Daulat Ram College, Presented a paper titled: ‘The Hindu Concept of Dana’ in the International Conference titled: ‘Indian Literature: Past, Present and Future’ during 28th and 29th April 2019, organised by Inderprastha Reviewers guild, New Delhi & Hansraj College, University of Delhi.
- Attended National Conference on Professional Ethics: Theory and Practice, on 21st and 22nd January 2020, Sponsored by ICPR, organised by Mata Sundari College, University of Delhi.
- Attended National Webinar on Changing Methods of Working and Technology, 27th May 2020, Organised by Hansraj College, Delhi University.
Organised Two days National Conference on The Fulcrum of Bhartiya Darsana on 4th and 5th October 2019, sponsored by ICPR.
Organised National Webinar on Intangbles on 24th July 2021.
SEMINAR / TALKS ORGANISED
- Gandhian Swaraj by Prof. Bindu Puri, Department of Philosophy, JNU, on 5TH Feb.2014.
- Buddhist Concept of Momentariness by Prof. H. S. Prasad (HOD) Philosophy , University of Delhi on 17th Feb. 2014.
- Media Ethics with resource persons Prof. Balaganapathi Devarakonda Head of Department of Philosophy and Dr. Aditya Kumar Gupta Asst. Prof. Dept. of Philosophy, University of Delhi, on 8th October 2018
- Periodic Lecture sponsored by ICPR, with resource persons Prof. Sudhir Arya JNU (Aspects of Dharma) and Prof. Ram Nath Jha JNU (Niskamakarma: Practical or Utopian in the present scenario) on 29th January 2019.
- . Role of Jammu &Kashmir in the making of India by Mr. Sushil Pandit, on 1st March 2019.
- Webinar on Philosophy and Practice by Prof. Balaganapathi Devarakonda Head of Department of Philosophy on 1st December 2020.
- Webinar on Philosophical Outlook on Life by Sri Pundrik 2nd December 2020