Dr. Rakesh Batra
Associate Professor | Department of Mathematics
Contact (Off.): 9868000827
Email Address : rakeshbatra[dot]30[at]gmail[dot]com
Analysis and Topology
- B.Sc.(H) Mathematics , 2000 , Rajdhani College, University of Delhi
- M.Sc. Mathematics , 2002 , Hans Raj College, University of Delhi
- M.Phil. Mathematics , 2005 , Department of Mathematics, University of Delhi
- Ph.D. Mathematics , 2016 , Department of Mathematics, University of Delhi
1. Worked as a lecturer(ad-hoc) in Bhaskaryacharya College of Applied Sciences, Dwarka, Delhi University from September 15, 2004 to July 15, 2005.
2. Worked as a lecturer(ad-hoc) in S.G.T.B. Khalsa College, Delhi University from July 16, 2005 to December 31, 2006.
3. Worked as an Assistant Professor(ad-hoc) in S.G.T.B. Khalsa College, Delhi University from January 01, 2006 to July 15, 2006.
4. Worked as an Assistant Professor(temporary) in Deen Dayal College, Delhi University from July 16, 2006 to August 28, 2006.
5. Worked as an Assistant Professor(Permanent) in Hans Raj College from August 28, 2006 till date.
6. Worked as a guest faculty in Guru Nanak Institute of Management Indraprastha University, Delhi.
7. Worked as a guest faculty in Saheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Deshbandhu College, Ramjas College, Hindu College, Motilal Nehru College, Keshav Mahavidalya, Institute Of Home Economics, Delhi University.
8. Worked as a guest faculty in Non Collegiate Women's Education Board, University of Delhi to teach M.Sc. students.
9. Worked as a guest faculty in the Department of Geology, University of Delhi to teach M.Sc.(Integrated)Earth Sciences students.
Calculus, Analysis, Abstract Algebra,Discrete Mathematics, Boolean Algebra, Probability theory, Statistics, Differential Equations, Numerical Methods,Operational Research, Inventory Control, Algebraic Topology, Module Theory, Geostatistics
Ph. D. Scholars: 03 Registered
- Member of Portal Development Committee,
- Garden Committee,
- Canteen Committee,
- Student Welfare Committee,
- Departmental Admission Committee
- Teacher In-Charge: Mathematics Department
- Teacher Incharge NCWEB
- Deputy Coordinator Central Evaluation Center Hansraj College
- Founder Coordinator: Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Center under Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching
- Convener: Apex Committee for Online Teaching 2020-21
- Member: Hansraj College Career Advancement Steering Committee 2020-21
- Member: ICT Enabling Committee: 2021-22
- Convener: Grievance Committee: 2021-22
Coincidences and Fixed Point Theorems on Metric Spaces, Registered(November 22, 2012), Awarded(December 14, 2016)
A study of online mathematics teaching and learning experiences gained during COVID-19-Prospects and Opportunities for Post-COVID-19 (Under Progress)
The chapter titled "Taylor’s Theorem and its Applications" published by Institute of Lifelong Learning, Delhi University with ISSN 2349-154X
1. R. Batra and S. Vashistha, Coupled coincidence point theorems for nonlinear contractions under c-distance in cone metric spaces, Ann. Funct. Anal. 4(1) (2013), 138-148.
2. R. Batra and S. Vashistha, Coupled coincidence point theorems for nonlinear contractions under (F, g)-invariant set in cone metric spaces, J. Nonlinear Sci. Appl. 6(2) (2013), 86-96.
3. R. Batra and S. Vashistha, Some coupled coincidence point results under c-distance in cone metric spaces, Eng. Math. Lett. 2(2) (2013), 90--114.
4. R. Batra and S. Vashistha, Fixed point theorem for Fw-contractions in complete metric spaces, J. Nonlinear Analysis Appl. 2013 (2013), 1--6.
5. R. Batra and S. Vashistha, Fixed points of an F-contraction on metric spaces with a graph, Int. J. Comput. Math. 91(2014), no. 12, 2483--2490.
6. Rakesh Batra, Sachin Vashistha, Rajesh Kumar , “Coincidence Point Theorem for a New Type of Contraction on Metric Spaces”, Int. Journal of Math. Analysis, Vol. 8, 2014, no. 27, 1315 --1320, HIKARI Ltd, www.m-hikari.com, http://dx.doi.org/10.12988/ijma.2014.45147.
7. Rakesh Batra, Sachin Vashistha, Rajesh Kumar, “Coupled coincidence point theorems for mappings without mixed monotone property under c-distance in cone metric spaces”, J. Nonlinear Sci. Appl. 7 (2014), 345--358.
8. Rakesh Batra, Sachin Vashistha, Rajesh Kumar, “A coincidence point therem for F -contractions on metric spaces equipped with an altered distance”, J. Math. Comput. Sci. 4 (2014), no. 5, 826—833.
9. Rakesh Batra, Sachin Vashistha, Rajesh Kumar, "Fixed point theorems under w-distance on a metric space endowed with a graph", Journal of Nonlinear Analysis and Application, Volume 2015, No. 1 (2015), 57-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.5899/2015/jnaa-00258.
10. Rakesh Batra, Sachin Vashistha, Rajesh Kumar, "Fixed points for (G,φ)-contractions in vector metric spaces endowed with a graph”, FILOMAT, Volume 31, No. 7 (2017), 2093-2101.
11. Rakesh Batra, “Common fixed points for F-dominated mappings”, Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 13, No. 3 (2017), 885–892.
12. Rakesh Batra, Sachin Vashistha, “A generalized contraction principle under w-distance for a partially ordered metric space”, Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society, Volume 40, No. 3 (2017), 1159-1174.
13. Rajinder Sharma and Rakesh Batra, “Fixed points in an intuitionistic menger space", Jordan Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, Volume 11, No. 2, (2018), 125-143.
14. Rakesh Batra, Ruchi Gupta, Priyanka Sahni, "Some results related to fixed points of F-G-contractions on metric spaces equipped with w-distance", Journal of Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Volume 23, No. 2, 2020.
15. Rakesh Batra, “Common best proximity points for proximally F-dominated mappings", Fasciculi Mathematici, No. 63, (2020).
16. Rakesh Batra, Ruchi Gupta and Priyanka Sahni, A new extension of Kannan contractions and related fixed point results. J Anal (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s41478-020-00241-1
17. Rakesh Batra, Ruchi Gupta, Priyanka Sahni, Fixed point existence results of F-Kannan type contraction on a metric space with directed graph, J. Math. Comput. Sci., 11 (2021), 5181-5195
18. Dori Lal, Rakesh Batra, Neeta Rani, Facets of Mathematics Education Towards Achieving Mathematics Competence in Children (Communicated April-2021)
19. Joginder Kumar, Neeta Rani, Rakesh Batra, नई शिक्षा नीति 2020 : एक शिक्षक की नज़र से ! Accepted for Publication in the edited book titled: National Education Policy 2020: A Revamp of Indian Education System. Taurian Publications, Delhi
1. Presented a research paper entitled Common fixed points for F-dominated mappings in the National Seminar on Recent Developments in Mathematics at Kalindi College, the University of Delhi from January 12-13, 2017.
2. Presented a research paper entitled Mathematics in Unfamiliar Situations: A Case Study in the 8th National Conference on Teaching-Learning in Mathematics at the Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer from December 19-21, 2019.
1. Invited as a resource person at a workshop for T.G.T. in govt. schools of Delhi organised by SCERT, Delhi.
2. Workshop on LATEX organized by Department of Mathematics, Hans Raj College, University of Delhi.
3. Conducted sessions on Basics of Mathematica, a mathematical computation software, in a 5-day INSPIRE programme sponsored by the Government of India held at Hansraj College from December 12, 2017, to December 16, 2017.
4. Conducted Sessions on "Microsoft Teams" for the faculty of Hansraj College on 8th August 2020 organised by Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Center, Hansraj College.
5. Resource person (Mentor) in Online Foundation Course in Mathematics 2020 (OFCM-2020) organized by MTTS trust with NBHM, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt of India.
6. . Resource person (Mentor) in Mathematics Training and Talent Search Programme-2021 (MTTS-2021 Summer Camp) organized by MTTS trust with NBHM, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt of India.
- Mathematics Department Festival and Seminars, advice and counselling, cultural activities, Sports.
- Worked in departmental and staff council committees, in student union elections as presiding officer and in admissions related work etc.
- One day workshop on "Mathematica" on December 8, 2010.
- “National workshop on Analysis” from September 27, 2008, to September 28, 2008.
- National Seminar on Transformation in Technology & Life From April 2, 2007, to April 4, 2007.
- 13th Annual Conference of Jammu Mathematical Society from February 21-23, 2007.
- 17th Annual Conference of Jammu Mathematical Society from March 31, 2007, to April 3, 2007.
- International Congress and 8th Conference of Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics on Certain Emerging Areas in Applicable Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, University of Jammu, from March 31, 2007, to April 3, 2007.
- International Conference on Operator Theory and Related Areas, Department of Mathematics, University of Delhi, January 9-12, 2008.
- Advance Training in Mathematics School (ATML) in Geometric Complex Analysis held at Department of Mathematics , University of Delhi from March 21,2011 to April 2,2011.
- Advance Training in Mathematics School (ATML) in Real Analysis and Measure Theory held at Institute of Life Long Learning, University of Delhi from March 26, 2012 to April 7, 2012.
- International Conference “The Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan” University of Delhi, 17-22 December, 2012.
- Level II of Mathematics Training and Talent Search Programme (Funded by NBHM) held at R.I.E.,Mysore from May 26, 2003 to June 14, 2003.
- RMS-UGTE Workshop on “Finite Group And Applications” from 7th-9th February 2014 at Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi.
- Ramanujan College Sponsored Faculty Development Programme on Computational, Mathematical and Statistical Techniques (CMST-2014) from 31st October 2014 to 1st November 2014.
- Workshop on Human Rights from 06 July 2015 to 11 July 2015 organised by Human Resource Development Centre and Centre for Professional Development in Higher Education, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Creative Drama Workshop at Hansraj College from 2nd to 20th January 2017.
- Teacher's Enrichment Workshop on Differential Equations, Mathematical Modelling and analysis held at Deshbandhu college, New Delhi during July-24-29 2018.
- Two weeks Faculty Development Programme on Challenges before the academia in the era of Gadgets, E-communication and A.I. (Interdisciplinary) from 15/12/2018 to 28/12/2018 organised by Mahatma Hansraj Faculty Development Center, Hansraj College, University of Delhi under Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching, MHRD, Government of India.
- International Webinar on Importance of Cyber Security in the World of Pandemics and Social Media organised by Kamla Nehru College, University of Delhi on May 6, 2020.
- Two weeks Faculty Development Programme on Managing Online Classes and Co-Creating MOOCS 2.0 from May 18, 2020-June 30, 2020 organised by Teaching Learning Center, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi under Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching, MHRD, Government of India.
1. Participated in Selection Committees to appoint lecturers in D.A.V. College Jalandhar.
2. Participated in Selection Committees of D.A.V. School Mukherjee Nagar to appoint P.R.T. teachers.
3. Participated in Selection Committee of D.A.V. School, Ashok Vihar to appoint P.G.T. Mathematics.
4. Participated in Curriculum Development Committee to frame syllabus for B.Sc. Programme CBCS of I.G.N.O.U.
5. Acted as a reviewer for a research paper assigned by International Journal of Computer Mathematics, Taylor & Francis, UK. It can be verified at the link: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00207160.2013.867160?journalCode=gcom20#.Vcekkfmqqko